Back again.......After a 4 yr ownership break.

Jenko

I sold my last Westie in 2012 to build a Sylva....Having completed and IVA'd it, I've been getting the urge to continue to build. As it happened I came across a bit of a 'barn find' in the shape of a half build Seight kit with a new 4ltr block...I couldn't resist.

So, let battle commence...V8 here we come!.

Paul.

• Like 2

Welcome back Paul. You already know we like piccies!!  :d  :yes:  :yes:  :ww:

What will become of the J15 though?

How could you resist a half built Seight. I'd agree.      What fool would abandon such a build?   

Looking forward to a build thread on this, so get cracking and post up some 'Before' photos.

hello again :t-up:

Thanks Chaps....and yes I think a build thread is in order (or blog).....The J15 was sold and went to Birmingham, I do miss it, but my urge to constantly get my hands dirty is calling. I'm currently on a crash course learning about rover V8 engines and their various pitfalls / versions / etc, and also LT77 gear boxes!....All interesting though :-)

20160717_184746.jpg

Has the engine ever been in it?

Engine has never even been assembled, I have the receipt from Land rover from 2009, chap who I bought kit from was going to build it up, but never did.

It's a short block 4ltr....possibly one of the last ones ever built (not sure if thats a good thing!).....

Engine has never even been assembled, I have the receipt from Land rover from 2009, chap who I bought kit from was going to build it up, but never did.

It's a short block 4ltr....possibly one of the last ones ever built (not sure if thats a good thing!).....

Well they should have got it right after 56 years of P5 V8 engine building.