• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

North East Border Raid - Sunday 17 July

Kingster

Planning a run out and have a good 5 or 6 cars up for it so far.

Basically, Newcastle to Town Yetholm and back. Leave 9.30 and back for mid afternoon.

Out:

13680733_10153486244726735_5635587629519

Back:

13724003_10153486248876735_1471936300501

Any Clan McWesty members out and about?

Looks like a good route Chris - unfortunately I'll be away on holiday!

Matt

May be up for this,  curious as to why he detour from Ponteland to Whalton when you could go straight up the 696 from Ponteland? Could meet at Blagdon just before the turn off for the airport and Ponteland if thats ok..

The detour takes in my favourite 80's Saturday biking run that's all :)

It's a cracking little detour that I know well and as long as there's not too many cyclists it's an enjoyable one.

Besides - for me it's all about a blat along the twisties!

• Like 1

Happy to meet up anywhere en-route so will pm my mobile and we can sort out a suitable spot.

Only caveat is the weather. If it looks pants up north then may divert south or west. But will try and keep everyone informed.

Happy to meet up anywhere en-route so will pm my mobile and we can sort out a suitable spot.

Only caveat is the weather. I wish I had a windscreen like Geoffrey. If it looks pants up north then may divert south or west. But will try and keep everyone informed.

Fixed that for you Chris.

• Like 2

Dont have your pm, I usually have problems sending and receiving them for some reason.  My email is peterforsyth234@btinternet.com  or 07789220594

Cheers

I've done pretty much all of these roads in the Westy and/or on bikes - yep some very nice roads to play on for sure!

Well, we ended up doing the Northern route as the weather was fine either way.

Not a bad turn out with 4x Westies, 2x Tigers and an MK.

Everyone liked my detour around my favourite local biking roads and we didn't suffer too many "peletons" that can gather in the area!

However, as we approached Otterburn, it was apparent we were missing a few cars - they didn't arrive within a few mins so I turned back to look for them.

One of the Tigers suffered a brake pipe leak - which was nipped up, but he didn't want to push it until he'd had a proper check and test so decided it was time to head back home with his uncle in the MK going with him. Then one of the Westies (Mick's S2000) who had pulled over with them discovered that his brake pedal was on the floor too! Odd coincidence, but he too decided to go back in "limp mode".

The rest of us carried on - but it wasn't long before we had to stop, bang on the border on the A68. Nothing was moving and it seemed that the road was closed with no detour other than an about turn.

So we decided to head back (via coffee stop) and call it a day - and the roads back were just as much fun in reverse!

13707627_10153892506592746_7315365862532

Sadly it turned out to be a fatality between a car and a bike that closed the road. Grim reminder of how dangerous it can get out there - so take care folks!

• Like 1

Oh dear :(

Every weekend over the summer you can guarantee at least one biker dying in mid and north wales.

Majority of them are from the midlands/Black Country that come out and treat Wales like its the TT circuit though tbf.

After our local big bike meeting last Thursday there was one killed and one critically injured within 10mins of each other both heading home in different directions :(