Sport 250

ScooterTwo

Hi. I'm Richard, a new member who's just taken delivery of a Sport 250. I've made a start, drilling all of the panel holes, fitting some of them, and I've fitted the brake pipes and wiring loom, but I'm still waiting for a number of important parts - diff brackets, uprights, clutch cylinder, gearbox mounts etc and a steering system bracket on the chassis is wrong. Chasing Westfield and I'll keep you up to date with progress.

Big fat welcome to the diff less bracket club   :ww:  oh and this thread needs pictures for us to help you. Enjoy the build and keep us updated on the progress, which seems to be off to a good start so far !

• Like 1

:ww:

Pictures are essential.

Any mistakes you make someone will spot them on here and save you time and money later.

Hi Dad!

We will certainly start getting some pictures up soon.

Thanks for the welcomes. You probably can't help with the kit shortages, but you may be able to help with the bracket. It's a steering support bracket that's too close to the suspension mount, but I don't have the lower steering gear to see if it or the bracket can be modified. It's not out by far. I'll put pictures on tech talk tomorrow to see if anyone can assist.

If the mount is like the S2000 steering bracket , you may need some spacers to fit. Also do not believe anything in the Zetec manual, as I am sure they havent made an ST manual, as I havent an S2000 one !! The steering arrangement is the other way round in the S2000 to the Zetec and guess the ST maybe the same.

Being a non-build owner, with an old school xflow, I can't help with anything. But as I did with your son, I can say :ww: and, whatever the trials and tribulations, enjoy the ride so that ultimately, you can enjoy the ride!

Good luck with the build. I built my V8 using the 1.6CVH build manual and two sheets of A4 supplied by Westfield that apparently covered all the differences between the two types. As has been said on here before the manual is really only a rough guide and not necessarily 'the way' to build in the same way an Airfix manual might be.  :t-up:

Luke.