Blyton Park Sun 10th July Moral Support Group

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Sorry I didn't make it to Blyton... but Chateau Impney was fantastic. I really want a Tipo P3 now :-)

Luke

• Like 1

5 minutes after setting off this morning it decided to tip it down with rain, we pressed on, got to McD's and proceeded to put the roof on. As we were doing this 2 soggy bottomed Westfielder's turned up, Ben (Bunje) and Andy (Sycho) all the way from Shropshire, I am impressed, very impressed. It is a long way to come though for a free coffee! Gareth soon followed with his grandaughter, then Andy and Debbie, Russ and finally Martyn and Sue. We were in no rush to go anywhere until the rain stopped, which was a good job because Russ forgot which McD's he was supposed to be at (you can stop sniggering at any time) and Martyn had naughty windscreen wipers to contend with.

It had stopped raining so, after a discussion, Russ told me which route I was leading  :p and off we went in warm sunshine, roof now off. The roads were nicely quiet and we skipped along very nicely in our 7 car convoy. On arrival at Blyton it was nice to see that we now have a decent bit of new tarmac on the access road, we parked up and scattered off in different directions to indulge ourselves in all things petroly.

Shaggydoo was sorely missed on the track with his sideway's finishes but it was nice to see him spectating, and on his 'unicycle' is that what a bike on one wheel is called? It was a great mix of people, photo's, cars and time comparisons and the sun stayed shining all afternoon. We made our way home with Martyn and Sue, stopping off at McD's again for a final brew before the last leg of our journey's.

DSC08137_zpsghrapm0u.jpg

DSC08138_zpsrtd6grhn.jpg

DSC08139_zps42xuvmjm.jpg

My apologies to Smeg but I did not have my zoom on and this is the best photo that I have of you, sorry 

DSC08149_zpswrfakqoh.jpg

DSC08153_zpspfycqmw2.jpg

• Like 1

DSC08160_zpshwypvlys.jpg

DSC08166_zpscttbnsds.jpg

DSC08172_zpscjlkli3v.jpg

DSC08177_zpsdgshancw.jpg

Not quite forward facing

DSC08182_zpss0nnho2p.jpg

DSC08191_zpsqbgj62fy.jpg

DSC08194_zpsxnmjfyzo.jpg

DSC08203_zps8il9n7er.jpg

Hopefully Gareth will soon be along with some much better snaps and give your eyes some welcomed relief from my point and click jobs  :)

Got some snaps getting ready to post, thanks for organising hopefully some convoy footage as well when I get two minutes to sort...... Granddaughter is the only person I know that can sleep all the way home, but the sun was nice and warming .......

• Like 1

Good to see so many of you braving the weather to support us.

• Like 1

i have a few videos of the drive there and half way home but there a little boring and the best part of the drive home i didnt restart the camera after filling up for fuel

• Like 1

Very good pics Gareth!

Indeed they are.

Did you happen to catch any of Yellow Westie No. 44

Or was I toooooo fast! :p