Classic Cars - Next To A Pub

Kevin (Mr T)

Just thought I would flag this one up -

13th JULY 2016 WEDNESDAY EVENING 7PM CLASSICS ON THE COMMON
THE CHELMER VALLEY CAR MEET: CLASSICS ON THE COMMON AT THE HORSE & GROOM, GALLEYWOOD COMMON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OHVSDADONw

Video is from the 2014 event, but if nothing else, I seem to recall the Horse & Groom does a decent pint of ale!

Don't see any "kit" cars...  

Doubt that was a genuine Cobra!

I was once told by a Cobra buff that replicas became so good AC stopped making real ones. Seems customers complained no one would believe they'd bought a real one when you could buy a replica of better quality for half the price!

• Like 1

I was once told by a Cobra buff that replicas became so good AC stopped making real ones. Seems customers complained no one would believe they'd bought a real one when you could buy a replica of better quality for half the price!

Yes, I saw about 5 or 6 "Cobra" cars at the Earls Barton rally the other night and I couldn't tell if they were originals or not (I suspect none of them were) - the problem with the Cobra is you can buy every single part that makes it look original, including all the badges and decals and unless you know exactly what the internals of a Cobra look like (I don't) then who is the wiser ?  

Quite! I saw one beautiful example in the car park at the Silverstone Classic a few yeas ago. It had all genuine looking badges and even shaped glass wind deflectors either side of the screen with "AC" etched into the glass...  only thing giving it away was the tax disc which said "Jaguar XJ6" on it!  And they don't even have to have that showing any more!!!