2016 Speedseries Results - Shelsley Walsh (R22)

Tigger

Results for Shelsley have now been published.

Now don't sound too shocked but either the wind was blowing in the wrong direction or there were leaves on the track (a railway excuse) but the times were a tad slow.

For ths reason, the 1.6e rule has been put into action so hence the slightly different scores ............ I don't make this up honest guv.

Read them and weep, and if you have any problems, give me a shout. My name is Terry Everall :d :D :d

Expert Results - Shelsley Walsh (R22)

Novice Results - Shelsley Walsh (R22)

Tiggs ..... I mean Terry ;)

I'm not saying anything ;-)

Hey Tiggs

Whilst the points awarded may not reflect the times posted against target times, they do reflect the effort put in by everyone to achieve those times  ;-) 

Hey Tiggs

Whilst the points awarded may not reflect the times posted against target times, they do reflect the effort put in by everyone to achieve those times  ;-) 

Hey Marto, I'm not knocking the effort, blood sweat and tears that went into creating those time, I just need to explain why the scores are what they are, because as sure as eggs are eggs, somebody will make a comment ;)

Tiggs

And if anyone thinks they could have done better then enter the event next year or the second Shelsley in August

I have an excuse why I was slow and a bag of shrapnel which used to be my diff to prove it! Having looked at the damage can't believe how I got to the top of the hill in T1. Just sold a kidney to get a new diff in time for Blyton and hoping for better luck at Shelsley in August.

• Like 1

I think the point is that the 1.6e rule was originally brought in by the speed series committee to recognise when it was raining and/or a wet track and not to cover when cars cant get close to the target time. Something that will need looking at a the end of the year if we stick with target times. Its also not the first time the rule has applied his year and will need reviewing as it was applied when the track was clearly DRY!

I have an excuse why I was slow and a bag of shrapnel which used to be my diff to prove it! Having looked at the damage can't believe how I got to the top of the hill in T1. Just sold a kidney to get a new diff in time for Blyton and hoping for better luck at Shelsley in August.

Well at least you found the issue before you got to Blyton. If internally it was in bits then that would explain a lot but surprised it was not a tad noisy.

Just have had to cancelled my August entry yesterday   :(  so I know there is space for an entry.

I agree Marto, you guys were trying; even GF.

I think it must have been too hot and therefore cars down on power .

The problem is that a lot of these TT's have been set by a few very very quick and experienced drivers in classes they no longer compete in.

I feel it's going to be a few years before the rest of us learn how to go fast enough ( if at all ) to challenge those TT's and in the mean time I think your right Terry, we need to look at this 1.6e rule and how or when it's applied.

• Like 1

Stu Hill, ACW and Barry Slingsby set the records

Stu Hill, ACW and Barry Slingsby set the records

I rest my case M'lord

• Like 1