Back on the road after 2 and a bit years

Sparkymart

So after what seems like forever I finally got my toy back on the road yesterday afternoon. Took it to work today 26miles each way loved it just as much as the first time I drove it. But I think the garage gremlins (the one's that hide your tools) have been playing with the carbs, just about driveable between 2 to 3000 rpm so lots of gear changing to keep the revs out of that range so anyone know anyone in Cornwall that are good with webers and maybe a rolling road?

• Like 1

Is it fresh petrol before you get it tuned.

How is it below 2000 RPM? I had trouble like that, turned out it was a leaking floating in one carb.

Hi Steve yeah it a new fresh tank of fuel, Robin it ticks over fine then starts missing as soon as you put your foot down but it's nearly OK if try it out off gear then there's just a little hit of a miss

More likely to be electrical problem, plugs, leads etc.    Carb engines and old electrics don't like being idle in a garage for years.

Check that the carbs are secure to the inlet manifold, it sounds like a leak.

Check that the carbs are secure to the inlet manifold, it sounds like a leak.

yeah all looks good there, I've managed to get it booked in on a rolling road Friday morning so fingers crossed...