Doncaster Car Show Sun 3rd July

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Doncaster Classic Car and Bike Show is at Doncaster Racecourse, Leger Way, Doncaster, DN2 6AY. 

So far there are 650 pre-booked exhibitors, with extras expected to turn up on the day, like us.

Exhibitors can gain entry from 8am, general public from 10am. It is £4 entry to the public with a special price for exhibitors, that must be a secret because I cannot find the price.

Meet at MacDonalds on Junction 30, M1 at 8.15am for an 8.30am set off, or meet us there later.

Weather forecast is surprisingly good.

I am being optimistic posting at this late stage, but is anybody interested in going?

I would be but I'm on van driving duties :(

Could be up for this if the weather is going to be OK but probably sans car as we are at Gemma's cousin's wedding on Saturday night at the Dome and Westfields don't really work with wedding hair.

Weather is forecast good so if you do manage to call in, Luke and Gemma, just send me a text and we can meet you at an ice-cream van or something.

Russ clearly is busy with the monster-in-law then, if she needs some time off from you then you know where we are.

Mmm, ice-cream, now there is a good idea :)

I'll see if I can contrive to bring the Westy up to the in-laws on Saturday although it looks like a repeat of this evening weather-wise. I'll message you one way or the other.

I might be up for it. Depends on how much painting I get done tomorrow.

Fingers crossed Luke and Robin - get that brush going!

:t-up:

I won't be joining you tomorrow, sorry but I'll be painting most of the day.

OK, no takers for meeting at McD's, but I was being rather optimistic posting so late. We will go straight there then, here are a few pictures that I took in Bakewell today that just might whet your appetite for what is in store tomorrow. It was Bakewell Carnival today and although there were not many cars there, what were there were quite stunning, they had gone for quality over quantity I think.

DSC08088_zpsypmakexi.jpg

DSC08086_zpsafynxrmk.jpg

DSC08084_zpstuwwl6sg.jpg

:d yes Russ, my photography skills might be a bit rubbish, but I am colour co-ordinated with the car that I am photographing while I am being rubbish  :laugh:

So we arrived in the lonesome convoy and pitched the flag

DSC08123_zpsrogz9kp9.jpg

It took ages to walk round the cars and bikes, there were hundreds of them. Glen went and indulged in the nut and bolt stall, he is renovating a 30 year old tandem at the moment and they had just what he wanted. As we arrived back at the car to drop his goodies in, Luke appeared from out of nowhere, yeah, there is life in the WSCC, well done Luke. So we went to show Luke all our favourite cars including these in the picture below.

A husband and wife set up, his is the MR2 and hers is the Merc, that's not a typo, the one on the right really was a MR2

DSC08124_zpsxn0xpilm.jpg

After a good tyre kick we set off back along the brand new bypass that has been built between M18 J3 and Robin Hood Airport, it so quick and easy to get to Doncaster now. Then off down the boring motorway and into the Peak District, through Matlock and to our new cafe called The Fountain in Bonsall. Off the tourist route it's car park was empty and there was space to sit outside, even on a sunny Sunday. On the way home we called for petrol and who did we bump in to? Luke! twice in one day!

No activity in the Peak District next weekend because we are all going to Blyton aren't we  :t-up:

I ended up going to this at the last minute, I'm guessing you guys left before I got there. Unreal turn out and some great cars there.

I'd have come through in the westy as I only live 5 mins away but it was pretty late in the day when my mate called to ask if I wanted to go.

The nut and bolt stall was amazing, spent rather a long time on that one!

• Like 1