Clan McWesty: Bo'ness Revival - 4th September 2016

Rab (bombero) Reid

Hi ALL

I know this event is some time off as yet, but the organisers have much to do and would like to have confirmation of Club attendance and numbers asap! Note, we do have other events before this so don't worry!

The Bo'ness Speed Hill Climb and Motoring Heritage Weekend (to give it its full name) takes place on the weekend of Sat/Sun 3rd/4th September 2016 but we'll only be attending the Sunday as per last year. The layout of the venue has changed (for the better) and we'll be permitted bigger numbers but as yet unconfirmed however, this is good news as demand last year was very big! I've emailed all those on my mailing list and have received a slow response .. maybe it's only because that it's months off but as said, I need to get the confirmation in soonest!

NAMES

Myself

Bob Reid

Bob Grey

Gary Taylor

Matt Alexander

Craig Moffat

James Lewis

Jim Morrison

John Baxter

Dave Parkin

Neville Mackay

The entrance fee is £5.00 per car and they'll be operating a strict 'no ticket, no entry' system .. .. well, I better mind and no forget the tickets this year then!! Once I've got a better idea of numbers, I'll send out the Club member entrance form which you fill in and return to me.

Start building your brownie points!!

Count me in Rab. This event is too good to miss, especially when it's right on my doorstep!

The 'pensioner' has also entered his Austin 7 Special, so that will be good entertainment ;-).

• Like 1

me to Rab we need to support the Pensioner. in more ways than one it will start off with mild abuse and then full McWesty onslaught on the noddy car

• Like 3

Yeuch!  Don't want to see the prisoner in action (Airdrionians and dogging, whats the world coming to), but i am looking forward to seeing him race on the hill :)

Any more peeps interested?

This is one of the best motorsport/classic show days in central Scotland, so definitely recommend a visit to any of the guys who haven't done it before.

Matt

This is one of the best motorsport/classic show days in central Scotland, so definitely recommend a visit to any of the guys who haven't done it before.

Matt

I agree, Matt. It also takes place at a good time of year as we come to the end of the blatting season (for most .. not the hardy all weather types :d ) and a chance for a blether and catch up! Even a couple o' tha heilanders came doon last year for a day trip! :)  :t-up:

• 1 month later...

Okay, so here's an updated list of attendees. Please let me know on here or by reply to my email sent today, cheers - 

NAMES
Rab Reid
Bob Reid
Gary Taylor
Matt Alexander
James Lewis
Jim Morrison
John Baxter
Dave Parkin
Neville Mackay 

Remember, Alastair (thepensioner) will be 'racing' his newly rebuilt Austin 7 up the hill and we'll need as many people as possible along the route to pick up the bits that have fallen off!  :p We may also get a chance to see the new Westfield NC500 on our stand!  :oops: 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay Bob, Gary, Matt, James, Jim, Dave and Neville - I've received the tickets/passes for Bo'ness! I've sent y'all an email re details for the day ;) John, there's also a wee favour request for you too! :d  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, if you've got any camping chairs, please bring them along....and one for me!

Guys, if you've got any camping chairs, please bring them along....and one for me!

These are really good Rab.

I have one and they are really small when folded.

They store in a Westfield dead easy.

Bo'ness is in for some heavy rain from now until the wee wee hours, then dry but cloudy tomorrow. Just hope the field that we're in is still just a field tomorrow!

• Like 1