Cromford Car Show, Sun 19th June

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at 9.30am Artists Corner Car Park, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 3PS. The toilets are open. The Cromford Car Show is 2 miles away and opens at 10am. The cost is £5 per show car which includes entry for the driver and 1 passenger. 

No pre-booking is necessary and you are free to leave at any time. All this is weather permitting.

Sorry Julie, we are going to the Model Aircraft Show at Weston Park with my son and his family. Have a good day!

Have a lovely Father's Day with your family.

'Big Andy' from Chesterfield picks his Robin Hood up on Sunday morning and is hoping to come along later, he says he knows you and Sue. I have not met him yet.

We are hoping to get down, although at the minute cannot walk due to back problems so getting in and out of the car is tricking neigh on impossible........

Have a lovely Father's Day with your family.

'Big Andy' from Chesterfield picks his Robin Hood up on Sunday morning and is hoping to come along later, he says he knows you and Sue. I have not met him yet.

Yes I know who you mean, I'll be seeing him on Monday to put him through his mock MoT assessment prior to the real thing on Friday :o.

I should see you on Saturday at Curborough.  

• Like 1

How very weird. Glen was driving through Chesterfield today and passed a Robin Hood, he managed to stop (traffic quiet) and shout to it's owner 'see you on Sunday then?' It was Big Andy, Glen had recognised the car from it's rare red wishbones (Glen also has never met Andy). So that means Andy has already picked up the car and is coming along to the car show.

Finger's crossed that Alan can manage a crafty hour out first thing before the jelly and ice-cream get's dished up and that Gareth has recovered a little, sounds like it will be a lonesome convoy to the show if not. Weather report is good too.

We will join you at the car park at 9.30. Looking forward to meeting you .

Cherrill.

Not going to make it today sorry another rest day I'm afraid!!! Bored as!!!

Oh dear Gareth, it sounds like the back problem is bad, what a shame, young Fraser would have loved all the cars today, it was a very good turnout, fingers crossed it gets better soon.

We met at Matlock and had a moving car show as we watched all sorts of cars drive past on the way to Cromford.

DSC07945_zpszzzorflt.jpg

After some quick introductions we made the whole 5 minute journey down to the show and parked up.

DSC07948_zps3bvuavd2.jpg

Luke and Gemma's car

DSC07951_zpslr0jhttv.jpg

Alan's car

DSC07952_zpsguo9p2mn.jpg

Cherrill and Peter's car

DSC07953_zpsmookegud.jpg

Oh, me, I was there too, and Glen of course.

DSC07954_zpswpncbmwt.jpg

• Like 1

We also met Jason in his orange Tiger and then Big Andy and Debbie came in their Robin Hood

DSC07959_zpskhflmbqc.jpg

Thundernut's has a new steering wheel, very eye catching

DSC07947_zps0jh7dhmd.jpg

One by one everybody made their way home, which just left us.   Straight home? Us? I don't think so. We went and sat outside the Castle drinking coffee and it wasn't until it started to rain that we made a move. It's a rubbish photo I know, but I was in the nettles and down a bank trying to get it, blooming coach, what a gorgeous Jag though, stunning.

DSC07967_zps8adgx1op.jpg

Thank you to everyone for coming today, it was great to make some new friends and hopefully we will see you again, keep an eye on the event's section.

Thanks Julie what a lovely day and what brilliant company stayed a bit to long jelly and ice cream all gone

Great day and so nice to meet everyone.looking forward to lots more days out .

Thanks for organising the group trip Julie. I was very taken with that Jag as well although it turned up after I had put my vote in for the car i would most like to take home. Good to meet some new people and have a nice day out. Found out that I can get over the speed humps through Starkholmes which is a result :-)