Curborough Breakfast Club Sat 18th June Plus Peak District Run

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

We are planning to go………if the rain ever stops……...and the floods dry up  :rolleyes:

A simple conversation about caravans and the rains and floods stop. Perhaps the conversation should happen more often.

I will join you.

See you all this morning!

Heading off in five minutes, should be there around 9.30, see you all later!

Well popped over for the morning breakfast meet! Ended up out for 8 hours & done 170 miles.

Thanks everyone for a great day, I'll have to get over that way more often.

Andy

• Like 2

Gutted I couldn't make the afternoon run but still enjoying meeting a few new people at the breakfast club

Maybe next time

• Like 2

Great run today. Even found some nice roads on the way home too. Thanks for arranging Julie.

• Like 1

Quick, before I get lynched, here are some photo's of the day. Got to get to the Steakhouse and meet Glen's family for a noisy night out. 

Thought I was first to arrive until I looked over and saw Trevor

DSC07922_zpsclqvsvbk.jpg

Then Westfield's just kept coming, brill. I think 11 in total, so well done everyone.

DSC07923_zpskt23g3vx.jpg

Not without problems, Trevor had to take Mike to get the trailer as his fuel pump had failed, now where is the hammer?

DSC07924_zpsnhdqjnq8.jpg

Good advice from Martyn to Jeff

DSC07925_zpseplhdjrs.jpg

After Curborough we went a run into the Peak District, it was bottoms up at the petrol station.

DSC07927_zpssqv0tno3.jpg

We arrived and took over at The Stables Cafe on the caravan park.

DSC07942_zpsuvfwrgbx.jpg

Then we went in search of cake and ice-cream at Parsley Hay

DSC07944_zpsczxeknny.jpg

Got to go but thanks to everyone for making it a great day out.

• Like 2

Thanks for a great day guys, even reminiscing about my old school in win'cut ... and I was wise to go back up the road and fill up before I headed back, got 23L in a 25L tank so was almost on fumes despite a gauge saying 10.6L, could have been an embarrassing afternoon   :down:

They even had the bunting out in Ashbourne for us  :d

GOPR4194.jpg

GOPR4181.jpg

Thanks again !

Must admit, given the distances some of us had travelled to get there, I was surprised I was the only one to brim the tank at Ashbourne - but then I know how Julie's routes tend to take you down winding country lanes without a petrol station in sight!

Your car makes some lovely impressive "old skool" sounds on the back roads! A pleasure to follow.

• Like 1

So it was the fuel pump.  It was a loose connection on a kill switch (assembled 8 years ago).

The trailer collection activities were not without their fun moments.  Drive back to Derby, collect trailer, return to Curborough.

Tie down straps....Ah they will be at home, back to Derby again.

I guess you normally leave home with the car using the tie down straps, so they don't need to be added to the mental checklist.

:p

• Like 1

Some more photo's of the day, just need some film footage of that gorgeous Peak District countryside now, hint, hint.

Andy's car

DSC07933_zpsww2z5z8s.jpg

Martyn and Sue's car

DSC07934_zpstevfsifm.jpg

Rhett's car

DSC07935_zpschebgl3n.jpg

Ian's car

DSC07936_zpsyjxtpcqn.jpg

Dave's car

DSC07937_zpsqmy63mzd.jpg

Kevin and Luke's car

DSC07938_zpskdl1yy6x.jpg

And my cutey

DSC07939_zpsnjyaanwn.jpg

We had the builders out with us today, the knowledge and experience sat around the table at lunch time was phenomenal, it put's me very much at ease owning a Westfield. I kept looking in my mirror and it looked like there was a lot of fun at the back with the two red one's, I hope everyone enjoyed it and I very much look forward to the next one, which is on July 16th  :t-up:

• Like 2

A very good and thoroughly enjoyable day out with good company and interesting roads and scenery, I'm really glad I made it. 

Yeah, a great day, some great roads and even better company!

Oh, and Bakewell Tart ice cream!!

Thanks Julie

Some video footage of the trip here: 

Unfortunately my battery ran out before I recorded Dave driving into a Caravan Park  :cry: