Horsepower at the Hall - now at Newark Showground - 26th June 1 til 5

AndrewBClarke

Horsepower at the Hall has moved to Newark Showground (NG24 2NY) and is from 1pm to 5pm. Entry charge per car is £2! We are going so hope to see you there!! More details are on Facebook under 'Horsepower at the Hall'

Hi ABC, 

If the weather is OK and we are not away then we will be along to this one. Is it possible to meet at Lincoln in the morning and go and see the Poppies first in the grounds of Lincoln Castle?

The Poppies are the ones that were on display at the Tower of London in memory of lost soldiers in the First world War.

Cheers

OCLO

• Like 1

Hello OCLO

Sounds good. I will have a chat with Clare to see if it is possible. Her Mum will be staying with us at that time so depends what is going on. I will drop you a note nearer the time.

Yes the poppies are at the Castle. I think it is free entry and good to see. Rave reviews by the local press. Would like to go sometime!

If you are making the effort to stop at the Castle, it is worth while popping into the Cathedral. You can see quite a lot before the ticket desk so you can turn around and come out before paying. Having said that there is much, much more to see if you pay but you will need time for that.

Hope to see you.

ABC

Weather permitting I'll be coming along, I won't be going to see the poppies but I'll meet you there. Anybody else from Yorkshire wanting to tag along??

• Like 1

Julie - suggestion - meet at about 11 at the old grandstand (on the A57 just as you come into Lincoln - used to be a horse racetrack and the grandstand is still there). Move on to park cars in upper Lincoln and walk short distance to Castle to view Poppies. Then you can mosey around the little pretty shops for a few minutes or poke your head into the Cathedral. Lunch at either 'The Magna Carter' pub (normal pub meals at £8/head) or eat cake from one of the shops or have a pie from the pie shop. Travel to Newark Showground (20 minutes) to the new Horsepower at the Hall venue for about 1pm then home when you are finished kicking tyres. Weather looking promising. Anybody else coming?

Looks like we are coming too as we failed to get tickets for the Goodwood Festival of Speed :down:  

• Like 1

I'll be coming weather permitting, but I will meet you at the show at 1pm.

• Like 1

Just had a look at the Grandstand and that looks a very convenient place to meet so we will see you there at 11. Like you say, we can do the doos and head off to meet Richard at 1, top job, thanks Andrew.

• Like 1

I thought you would approve as I meantioned the word 'cake'!

• Like 2

We might head over and plan to go straight to show ground, back dependent...... Bored now!!

• Like 1

There is no keeping that young Fraser in, good lad, lots of painkillers then Gareth.

Big Andy and Debbie are coming too.

Weather is forecast good, no rain until after tea, so it should be a good turn out.

We will be leaving Tamworth around 9am to get to the Grandstand around 11am. Not sure whether to eat pie or cake for lunch………..might have to be both :oops:  

• Like 1

:bc: only one winner in that battle

I hope that field in Newark is not too soggy. It was like a summers day here this morning, it's tipping it down now and has been for ages.

We met at The Grandstand where Sue fed us with Birthday cup cakes. :bc:  Happy Birthday Sue for tomorrow. Andrew led us the short journey through the myriad of streets to Lincoln Castle to view the poppies.

DSC08050_zpsxeruvdgb.jpg

DSC08051_zpscsbjpk3o.jpg

The Castle

DSC08052_zps3wewlwx3.jpg

A quick nosey over to the Cathedral, that was closed until 12.30, so it was external viewing only

DSC08054_zpsdvd2d9b9.jpg

Then we went to Mrs Miggins Pie Shoppe (Browns Pie Shop really, but we like saying Mrs Miggins with the exaggerated Rowan Atkinson lips)

DSC08059_zps9juyv3j7.jpg

Full of pie and cake we followed Andrew to the Horsepower at the Hall.............

• Like 3