Wireless printer?

B.RAD

I have a Friedland wireless video doorbell and it has a PIR sensor to pre-warn us of an impending visit. When the video monitor is 'live' the house wifi is swamped and useless. Luckily it's only a ten second dropout but bl**** annoying. My daughter has a wireless video baby alarm and that screws up the wifi too. I would recommend anyone thinking about a wireless door access system to look at the specs before buying.

Thought you were gonna say the door bell prints over wifi ....  :getmecoat:

Having said that I have a 8yr old HP wifi multi function printer/fax thing - use it over wifi everyday and have never had a problem, just paper jams as the rollers are getting old and hard and I'm tired of using 2000 grit to rough them up .... 

• Like 1

My first inkjet printer was an HP monochrome one. The reason it was dumped was because it wouldn't feed from the front tray due to hard rollers. Like you I roughed them up a bit for a while but it didn't last long.

It appears that the problem is solved (for now) - we lost our broadband a week ago and the BT engineer has just been round to sort it. There were a lot of errors apparently, but the main ones were an issue at the exchange and the router had given up. All sorted, new router and he even tidied up some of the dodgy previous wiring and moved our cap from 5.5mb to 8mb, which is a bit of a bonus.  Still think BT are utter tosh but nothing against that engineer, he was particularly good.

The faults in the router had apparently been there some time (no idea how he knew that) and would have been blocking the printer on the network, i have reloaded the software and we're all good again now.

The faults in the router had apparently been there some time (no idea how he knew that)

He looked at the logs on the router...

I have a Friedland wireless video doorbell and it has a PIR sensor to pre-warn us of an impending visit. When the video monitor is 'live' the house wifi is swamped and useless. Luckily it's only a ten second dropout but bl**** annoying. My daughter has a wireless video baby alarm and that screws up the wifi too. I would recommend anyone thinking about a wireless door access system to look at the specs before buying.

Just looking at something similar for a friend but it'll be on wires. One hole by the door, one bit of shielded CAT5 to a homeplug and a second homeplug by the router. And of course the DC power supply alongside. No wifi interference from the PIR and no wifi reliability issues. Wires are the way forwards! 

Ah yes, Blatman, but my Friedland video doorbell was retailed at approaching £90 but I found it in a rummage bin at Homebase for £15! How could I resist that?!

:cool:

$_1.JPG