Which centre mirror?

BigMacRacing

I have read most people suggest a convex mirror. 

It will be used along with a grp double bubble aero screen. If anyone has any pics of these mirrors with the same screen that they can link me to would be good to see  :yes:

The options...

SPA - https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/spa-centre-mount-mirror-with-convex-lens-black-spa-sccb-1

Racetech - https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/racetech-centre-mount-mirror-with-convex-lens-rtm-bcsm

Racetech F1 - https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/racetech-f1-centre-mount-mirror-with-convex-lens-rtm-bc2

Cheers,

Kieren

I had the Spa in the first link, was superb.

photo1272.jpg

r20150712_125415_zpsnw8zh6vm.jpg

Mine's the small Racetech type with flat glass and the rear view has always felt more than adequate

• Like 1

I've used one of the convex mirrors you buy for checking on kids in the rear of your car.

removed the sucker and screwed into the mirror stalk from behindisclosure the aeroscreen centre support.

I like it as it gives a good view and it's not sitting up above the aeroscreen so looks neater imo :)

You don't really need one tbh

You do imo if you do a bit of spirited driving on the road ;)

As they give much better rozzer spotting viewing! :)

• Like 2

I got the kit car centre mirror from demon tweeks.

I thought it stood a little too proud of the aeroscreen though, so I cut down the rod and tapped a new thread in so it sits much more snug. I can upload a pic if interested

You don't really need one tbh

I agree - my GSXR bike mirrors allow me to see a car's whole frontal area when behind unless they are right up my chuff.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for late reply - been a tad busy with baby no.2!!

I have the longacre mirror attached the full cage but this doesn't work for me - it's too high up hence thinking something lower. I currently have a small lip aero screen, which will soon be changed for a double bubble to hopefully deflect the wind over me - currently it doesn't so hoping it will make it more comfortable!

That's an interesting option CosKev - my only thought on the racetech and spa ones is that they stick out and how I'd feel about that with the double bubble.

Carbon-NV - maybe I should pop over at some point to come and check yours out to see it in person to help me decide :-)

Thanks all!

• Like 1

I have the middle one - does the job and inexpensive - I had to drill a hole on the Aearo screen to mount it through