Clan McWesty: Reservoir Dogs Run - 5th June 2016

Rab (bombero) Reid

Hi ALL

Hot off the huge success of the Ballater Braemar run, and even before your engines have time to cool, comes our newly named, Reservoir Dogs run! This run takes in the Megget and Talla reservoirs (I know, I didn't have to work too hard coming up with this name!  :laugh: ).

Note, that this is not a big run just before our annual pilgrimage to Applecross so it's nothing too taxing! My suggested route and meeting details are below, and as always, I'm open to other suggestions as this is all about the Members!  :yes:

Meeting #1: Sheriffhall Park'n'Ride

Time: 10:15

Meeting #2: Tesco, Eskbank (for fuel*)

Time: 10:30

*Once fuelled, park to the left as you enter the main car park and we'll re-group there!

Route:

A7 onto B7007 just after North Middleton to Innerleithen

B7007 onto B709 to Gordon Arms

B709 onto A708 to Cappercleuch

Turn off at Cappercleuch for Megget and Talla onto Tweedsmuir

A701 north to Blyth Bridge then either carry onto Leadburn or detour to Peebles A72/A703 to Leadburn

Hope to join you for the southern half of the route - probably catch you at Innerleithen.

A good shakedown for Applecross!

Thanks Rab.

Dave.

will be back from Skye in time no show without punch

• Like 1

Haven't been on the roads over in the East but have done Meggat and Talla which are great and superb for photos. I'll try to keep the date free.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

My personal time management is obviously off-kilter as I've managed to book my car in for a new exhaust and it will now not be finished before this run!  :cry: Well, I didn't quite book it in, more like grab a window of opportunity with the fabricator as he's a hard man to get into his diary! 

For those that are going enjoy, and I ask only one, no two things .. drive safe and take some photos for me for the next mag submission!  :t-up:

Apologies folks but I can't make this one.

Matt

Bob R

Bob C

Matt?

Dave

Forecast for Sunday is superb. It might not last much longer so seems a shame not to get out in the kit

Bob

• Like 1

Timely bump for Sunday's run...

Will catch you somewhere around innerleithen.

Dave

Dave, Bob's having too much fun oop north so has decided to stay another night , so it's just us two. Noted that there is an autosolo on at Kames. Could meet you there and we could work out a route from there. What do you think?

Going out for dinner, so might not reply for a while but post your response anyway

I'm gutted that I won't make this run as it's a cracking route!

Bob,

Just got in - sounds a good idea to meet at Kames, and take it from there.

I will plan to get there 10:30 - 11 ish for a brew.

Cheers,

Dave