What does yours weigh?

Olliebeak

Do you use 30% so you can tell yourself it's under 500kgs? :p

Haha, just what was in the tank when I checked it. 

So with 30% fuel that would have mine about 495 with a cage ;-)

I've got a roll cage too, but the carbon seats and lack of dry sump system keep it nice and light :) lots of carbon too. Think I'll go for power now, will be cheaper than losing any more weight. 

You don't want to know what mine weighs with a full tank of fuel

You don't want to know what mine weighs with a full tank of fuel

I'd hazard a guess that a Zippo lighter carries more fuel though Terry.. :laugh:

Looking at similar cars in the list wide, zetec, aero and there's a 67kg difference between them !!!

I'd hazard a guess that a Zippo lighter carries more fuel though Terry.. :laugh:

Seen him filling the tank with an eye dropper  :)

• Like 2

Got an Odyssey battery and alloy bracket, haven't fitted them yet but should be a lot lighter than the huge 30 ah Halfrauds one on at the moment.   Hoping that might get me down to 530-540kg.  I have seen some cars with the battery mounted low down between the front wheels, what are the advantages, I presume handling? Passenger seat may be next to go, my Yorkie Terrier who usually accompanies me will have to sit on the floor. Mind you now I have the aeroscreen on he is happy to do so! 

Well, there's another 3kg or so to be lost with the dog....