Clan McWesty: Ballater - 15th May 2016

Rab (bombero) Reid

I was expecting them to be at Glenshee round about midday. It is about 1 hr from Tomintoul to Glenshee so meet  at Tomintoul 1030/1045?. I think there is a layby just at the junction we were talking about meeting

I think 11:30ish at Glenshee and maybe just after midday at Ballater is a good guesstimate. Then onto Corgarf for lunch if the majority are up for this. 

What's the thoughts on the overall route Rab - a big loop similar to last year? I think we went up past the Lecht, Aviemore, poo-covered lunch stop, Pitlochry, Aberfeldy, Sma'Glen, Crieff etc.

Also be good to get an idea of where the stops (fuel etc.) should be to let folks re-group if we get split up. I'm also assuming we don't actually go into Ballater if we're turning onto the road to Corgarf before we reach it.

...and the list of folks coming so far:

NAMES

Rab

Bob & Lorna

Campbell

John

Jim

Matt

Steve

Gary

David (maybe?)

William

Chris

Mark (Exige)

Any other takers?

I agree  - is there a reason to go to Ballater?

Don't think so, unless we're meeting anyone there.

There maybe someone who I have just messaged in another forum and he is a member on WSSC - also would you allow a Caterham to join up to increase the numbers?

• Like 1

Better add Chris to that list and maybe Mark in the Exige

You'll have seen the email from Matt to which I've replied re his suggestions - we can thrash it out on Sunday if anyone has any specific objections otherwise it all sounds good to me!

Matt initially replied to me to get my feelings on it first but I thought that it went to All. Anyway, I'll send it out now so that all can see :d

Just made a few suggestions based on last year's route, so we have a collective view on where we're going in advance. Also suggested that we drop the Dunfermline meeting point, as there's no one from that area coming. So if John/Bob/Jim meeting at Livvy, pick Rab and me up at BP garage at the Forth bridge, then straight up to Broxden in Perth.

Matt

• Like 1