Yorkshire 8, North, Sunday 15th May.

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Thanks Robin, another top day out with terrific people.

Now looking forward to the 'Coast to Coast' later in the year.

Cheers, Roger

Yorkshire 8, Day 2, North. Done.

The second day and we had three returning cars, Me, Roger and Judy and Michael. We were joined by Marcus and Chris at the Fox and Grapes for a 10:30 start.

SAM_2993_zpsptwdu7cl.jpg

We headed out towards York, then on to Thirsk along the A19, after a quick stop at Tesco, I saw that Sutton bank was closed. That was my intended route, so following the alternate caravan route we went up Wass Bank, only to be met by a group of tractors, classic and new all parked up on the grass verge. From there we went on to Helmsley, found a car park and went for the biggest Fishcake Sandwich I've seen.

Lunch over and after a discussion we moved on to Thornton le-Dale and the Motor Museum and Classic car Auction, which is really an old garage full of all the old stuff your Dad threw away. Lots of cars, trucks and bikes were ready for auction later this month. I tried to get a group or car club  discount, but they weren't having any of it, so we paid the full £1 each entry fee.

It was now time for a fuel stop, so headed to Malton, where we got a bit muddled and nearly lost each other. Regrouping in a car park, SatNavs set for Stamford Bridge and a nice run down the back roads, only to be slowed by a Skoda indicating right with no right turn coming, then switching to left about a mile from the left turn it almost stopped to take. After passing it we stopped in the car park just by the bridge, Michael tried Marcus' top on then it was time for home.

SAM_2994_zpsyx9c96oo.jpg

SAM_2995_zpstrzm1wg6.jpg

That's it. Two days, around 320 miles,15 cars, 20 people , 3 cars and 4 people doing both days. Not a bad weekend Don't you think?

A big thank you to Richard for helping me to plan Saturdays route and for leading it, Julie for recommending the pub and to all who came along. Thank You.

Fancy doing it again sometime?

• Like 5