Yorkshire 8, South, Saturday 14th May.

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

I can meet at Fox and grapes or m62 jct.

What's at jct 30 as a landmark to meet at?

I can meet at Fox and grapes or m62 jct.

What's at jct 30 as a landmark to meet at?

No landmarks as such, there is a huge whiteish coloured building nearby, meet in the lay-by on the Wakefield side. A642.

Weather looking good for Saturday.

Hoping to come along, what time are you going to be at the strines.

Hi

I hoping to meet you at Emley mast unless you want to meet at Hartshead moor services beforehand?

Regards

Michael

All ready for tomorrow,
Steve, we should be at the Strines about 11:00ish.
Michael, either go straight to the mast or J30 M62, the lay-by Wakefield side 9:45-10:00.

Well, that's the first leg of The Yorkshire 8 over, and what a good day.

The weather was good, not too warm but dry and 10 cars turned up. My day started with a misfire o the way to meet Roger, Judy and Aaron, but more of that later. We met up and drove through Wakefield to the mast where we were joined by Richard and either Brooke or Freya, sorry, I'm not sure which is which. Then Graham and Michael arrived and off we went. On the way to the Strines my misfire continued so I decided to check the plugs when we got there. Julie, Glen and Dave were waiting for us, then Steve, Barry and Andrew joined us.

SAM_2986_zpswrf3rfvi.jpg

The 10 of us.

So, it was the bonnet off and plugs checked for me. I found No 3 and 4 covered in oil from the leaking rocker cover gasket, so all out and cleaned, No 2 looked a bit dodgy too, then it was time to go with Rickboy, my glamourous assistant leading the way to Ashton in the Water and something to eat. lunch in  a pub over and on the way towards Buxton, still with a misfire.

SAM_2990_zpslm8sdry9.jpg

I didn't see the police motorbike.

Heading on to Glossop, Graham, Steve, Dave and Barry and Andrew made a swift exit and the rest of us made our way to the ice cream farm, no, I don't know how they farm ice cream either? which was packed, but we managed to all park up together and Aaron left to find his way home.

SAM_2991_zps0dy0gaur.jpg

It was decided that I needed new plugs and a gasket with plenty of sealer on it, all of which I had back home in the garage, so after ice cream we made our ways home, I was straight into the garage and a partial engine strip. Plugs out and this,

SAM_2992_zpspggypii4.jpg

Think that might do it. New plugs, new gasket with plenty of sealer on and fired up, didn't go for a run, but felt and sounded a lot better.

Day one over, let's do it all again tomorrow.

• Like 1

Never a dull moment in OCLO's life

DSC07658_zpsxnetp0qb.jpg

It was lovely to see all of you today and thank you to Rickyboy and Robin for putting on a good day out. Rickyboy kindly put us on the right road from the Ice cream farm to the motorway, but we decided to pick up the Manchester road and head back into the Peak District to catch the evening sun and long shadows on the hills. We had just passed the Strines pub and my car dropped all of it's coolant. To cut a long one short we got to view the Peak District from up high in a recovery truck and got home at 9.30pm.

So if you are wondering whether to use A-Plan for your insurance and breakdown requirements I can speak from experience that both of them work very well.

Here are my pictures of the better bits of the day

The Strines

DSC07651_zpsmplrswlr.jpg

Can't leave this little pre-lit gem out

DSC07652_zpsgw9vkrns.jpg

Lunch stop at The Ashford Arms, Ashford in the Water

DSC07655_zpswdgvlql5.jpg

DSC07656_zpsdnnpkmfv.jpg

DSC07657_zps9f0bmuuh.jpg

Looking forward to seeing some of the video footage from the day too.

See you at Glossop Car Show next Saturday, once the coolant issue is fixed, thanks again,

Julie

• Like 1

Oh nooo, still, if it's going to happen, at least it was on the way back!

Thanks to all from me too, a nice day out and a welcome break from other stuff.

I though it might be me on the "Recovery Truck of Shame". Hope it's not too serious.

Cheers everyone, enjoyed the day, hope its a quick fix for you. Must admit that police bike came from nowhere. Cheers

What a great Westfield day out, the drive, the roads, weather and best of all, the club members that attended!

Thanks to Red Spider and Rickyboy for their navigational skills and Julie, we hope that your coolant problems are not too serious.

Now looking forward to today's drive!  :)  :lg-westy:

• Like 1