_MG_6452.jpg

_MG_6448.jpg

_MG_6442.jpg

_MG_6417.jpg

_MG_6373.jpg

_MG_6364.jpg

• Like 7

What a great location.

Think Julie deserve a bunch of flowers from you all.

Fantastic day Julie, what a turnout.

Some of my own pictures,

IMG_4598_zps140ebgee.jpg

IMG_4605_zps57qul1d5.jpg

IMG_4604_zpsxwneihd0.jpg

IMG_4601_zpsqlmwgr7e.jpg

IMG_4600_zpsf4nr3e3t.jpg

IMG_4597_zpsffhqjfrb.jpg

IMG_4590_zpsiy8qokbt.jpg

IMG_4589_zpslw8xlgtw.jpg

IMG_4587_zpsn9tixouo.jpg

• Like 4

Sorry to have missed this. It looks like a great day.  I don't think I'd have got the car onto the grass without leaving a bit of a furrow.

Luke.

Cracking day out. Thanks Miss July for all your planning to make this happen. Always going the extra mile.

Replies first and stories second. 

Luke - what's happening Sunday? we are out in the car but there is a 10 mile hike and a big hill in the day, so I can't recommend anyone follow us to the Peak District for that kind of torture.

Rickyboy - good choice, the next best thing to being in a Westfield in Bakewell must be to be with the wife, kids and the caravan in Bakewell. You have it all lad.

IanK - gutted for you, hope it is a quick fix, keep us posted.

Story time - I must just check my wings because I must have died and now be in heaven writing this, all these people in their lovely cars and the weather, oh the weather. We met at Ashbourne where car after car turned up, I was squeaking inside with excitement.

DSC07708_zpsonr3n7yz.jpg

DSC07711_zpsuwqvggzu.jpg

With 12 cars in convoy I employed the locals, Alan (Thundernuts) and Ben (Yakatak) to lead from the middle as we were bound to get split up. They did a brilliant job and I thank them very much for helping me. So off we went, posing through Ashbourne, then Matlock Bath before turning up the 'Elton' road. There is never anyone on this road, and the bends are just, well, bendy and nicely hilly, what a joy. Then it was round to join up with the Via Gellia road, which is always good, before turning into the Castle. 

I had booked a table for 12, thinking 'Julie, you are being a bit optimistic here girl'. There was actually 21 of us, so they had to reset the table and the manageress pulled me to one side and said that they could not cater off the main menu for so many. She suggested that they serve us buffet style sandwiches with chips, followed by lemon tart for £5 a head. I didn't have to think long about how to answer that one!

The goat in Jurassic Park comes to mind again, Scott

DSC07718_zpsyasyrdvi.jpg

The food was lovely, the service was great and they accommodated our strange parking requirement's, well done Willersley Castle Hotel. Car park? what's one of those then?

DSC07716_zpsyupclzsh.jpg

We met pre-lit Steve and Lauren at the castle, as well as newcomer, Peter in his Morgan and another newcomer Gareth, who I have now instated as the Peak District photographer, wow, you know what to do with that camera. Peter's wife, Cherrill has the Westfield but unfortunately was working today and couldn't join us.

Save your best photo's for the calendar because they will not be used if they have been posted on here.

The castle has a lovely garden area, overlooking the river and across to the limestone crags, can you spot the rock climber?

DSC07720_zps6o591bcv.jpg

The hotel has a swimming pool and sauna too, if I didn't live so close I would definitely stay there. After lunch people scattered in different directions, we decided to follow the group heading south and called in at Darley Moor Airfield Cafe to watch the planes on the runway. 

Darley Moor Airfield

DSC07723_zps0u4mckgv.jpg

Not without a drama, a bi-plane crashed into a motorised wingy thing

DSC07727_zpswyshubie.jpg

DSC07729_zpsdhtjkxkl.jpg

DSC07725_zpsqthofxfg.jpg

What a splendid day out, I hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as we have and I thank you all for coming. Next weekend? well you have to drag yourself away from reading the forum first, we have got Chris Kingster in the Alps and Geoffrey in Scotland, all good reading. It is Middleton Motors Monthly at Middleton Hall in North Warwickshire. Although it is a motorway job to get there, the route home will include the Peak District.

• Like 2

You deserve to win Britains got Talent for this day out Julie.

A big YES from me.

• Like 1

Albeit brief we, Fraser and I did enjoy the meet at the castle, as for photographer, I don't mind doing the odd snap!

• Like 1

Thank you, another excellent day out, great weather new faces and some drama.

Dawdling home at 50 mph with Mr Freeman watching the lefthand cycle wing wobble on its remaining bracket (the other bracket snapped going over a pothole) makes you realise how bumpy our roads are.

Thanks again for a great day.

Oh and I think the motorised wing thing tried landing through the prop of the plane and lost. I think 'crashed' although accurate, doesn't convey the drama, it's certainlying the most exciting hot chocolate I've ever had

Julie,

I'll probably just go for a meander about. I may head down to Hazelwood and visit some relatives.

Luke.