Peak District, Castle Photo Shoot 28th May

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

In OCLO's world the future is the next 5 minutes, so why am I posting in April for a meet at the end of May? I never make plans very far in advance so don't get used to it.

It is Stoneleigh next weekend the 1st May and the Yorkshire 8 the weekend after - 14th May. The weekend after that is Glossop Car Show - the 21st May, so if we breathe in we can just squeeze this event in before Gawsworth Hall Car Show on Spring Bank Holiday Monday - the 30th May. June? oh yes, the Flying Scotsman comes through Chesterfield on the 4th, must see, must see.

All this lovely weather last week did not go to waste because we found yet more new places to go in the Peak District, not far from Matlock Bath, I took some pictures to whet your appetite. 

We will meet at Halfords, Ashbourne, DE6 1DU at 10am, bring your cameras, who is coming?

The Castle

DSC07509_zpskkx1igzz.jpg

The photo opportunity

DSC07513_zpsiuij6y1h.jpg

I was missing my Westfield

DSC07515_zpsyocj8v4g.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

We can get a brew and breakfast in the Marks and Spencer cafe which is next door to Halfords as it opens at 10 am. 

The plan is to leave around 11 am and take the road to Ca**ington, through Matlock Bath, Rowsley and up the Essess to Elton (I really like that bit of road). That will drop us down the bottom half of the Via Gellia, through Cromford and to the Castle.

That is a total of 32 miles and 1 hour 7 minutes, just enough time to get some photo's for next years WSCC calendar before getting some lunch at the castle. For a very elegant place the prices are remarkably normal, so please don't be put off, we tested it first just to make sure. In fact we have been twice now, it was that good.

We just need a great weather forecast, it's the Bank Holiday weekend, anyone thinking of coming?

Might try and make it along...

Will see if anyone else from this way wants to join me!

• Like 1

U should pop in for a cup of tea Julie ;)

Still in the process of getting her ready for the summer..:(

Hope to see u soon Ben & Nat

• Like 1

I'm interested

• Like 1

All ok for me, the boss is away

The kids can get a bus back from orchestra  :)

It's half term,  they have another holiday  :oops: . so 'Mr Freeman' will be joining us :yes:

• Like 1

I'm interested if the forecast is dry

• Like 2

First up -  I'm not dead just missing in action, so yay !

It's a tentative maybe, the car gremlins have been unfortunate these last couple of months, but there may be light at the end of the tunnel this week (I hope).

Fingers, toes etc.. all crossed.

• Like 2

Didn't realise there are two posts running on this :-). If weather is OK Liz and I will be there.

Regards

R & L 

• Like 1

Yeah, Sean lives on and we can have a quick stop by at Ben's house to say hello also. I think there will be lots of poorly car stories.

Forecast is still white cloud, I am not looking again in case it changes  :)

:down:  nope not gone well today (again), so i won't be joining you. Have fun.

We will be along with Becky and Andy too!

• Like 1

Fingers crossed should be with you Saturday :)

Watch this space..but I have said that before..lol! Only got to fit & bleed the front calipers now !

• Like 1

Sorry J/G I'm out. Working the full weekend :-(. Have a Day and please post all your pics :-)