Bonnet catches Identification thereof

AllanI

File%2013-04-2016%2020%2024%2053_zps1ule

Please can anyone identify this type of catch ? Protex seem to be nearest but not identical.

Allan

Be interested to find out myself. I have the same type, OE from WSC on my 1992. They are vulnerable to popping open unless you use a R-clip through the latch holes, and entering the owner into the Flying Bonnet Club.

Failing identification anybody got any for sale ? As you can see mine are a little used.

Allan

I had this issue last year, different catches though, turned out the factory still sells mine, then after I bought some from Westfield at Stoneleigh I managed to find another supplier who sells the locking version of the same.

I think looking at those, you could fit the type I have and not leave too much mess.

Used to have them, they were Westfield supplied originally but they only sell IVA approved ones now, only problem was since fitting them I become a member of the Flying Bonnet Club. 

The old ones had a Keeper which kept the bonnet and tub panels aligned nice and flush and never had problems with the catches popping off.   If you find them let me know I would love to go back to them.

Got the same ones on my car, couldn't find any new the same size, they were mostly larger which meant drilling out the rivets and creating new holes which I wasn't keen on. In the end I just painted the existing catches, look ok and seem secure although my car also has the rubber ones on each side, which I don't like much. Bonnet is secure which I suppose is the main thing..   

Hi Allan,

I have a set of these in good condition, happy to send them if you PM me your address.  I would agree with the need for an R-clip to stop then opening when in use,  I made my own by bending some thin bar as I couldn't find a clip that would work as I wanted it to.

Ken