Curborough breakfast club 2016

blue ass fly

Yeah I'll be going - weather looks dry but 5-7c so on the cool side ... never been to one so I've no idea what to expect

Anyone else disappointed with the turn out to this?(in general terms not kit car related)

Saw a couple of Westfields there,and couple of Tigers.

I was just glad the sprinting was on or I felt my 1hr30 drive to get there would have been a waste of time :(

Highlight of the sprinting was watching the turbo charged Orange Megabusa,what a car :)

Must get to one, but so far, they've all been when "something else" was on, in yesterday's case it was the Yorkshire 8 Southern leg, tour of the Peak District. At least a couple of us that have done the breakfast club before were there on the '8 tour.

We were unable to get there until around 11.30am but the weather was good, the food was good and the company was good so we enjoyed it as we have in the past. You are correct though there is often a greater variety of classic cars and modified cars in attendance together with kit cars etc., may be it clashed with something else?

I agree, the Megabusa was very impressive!

• Like 1

We were unable to get there until around 11.30am but the weather was good, the food was good and the company was good so we enjoyed it as we have in the past. You are correct though there is often a greater variety of classic cars and modified cars in attendance together with kit cars etc., may be it clashed with something else?

I agree, the Megabusa was very impressive!

I was walking up to the little boys room as you were driving in ;)

Your DRL's built into your headlights look good :)

I was there just after 9am,and the turn out was poor.

You must have drove down past my yellow Mac1 parked on the right :)

Yes I am pleased with the DRLs and I am glad I copied my friend Andy  :d

I did see your car and a green Westfield nearby when we came in. We went straight to the cafe and met another WSCC member (without car). I was wearing a WSCC jacket so it is a shame you did not bump into us and introduce yourself. Fortunately Curborough is local to us so we attend regularly but we were not sure if we could get there this time so had not committed on here. However, if you want to meet at the next one we are likely to be there. 

Sorry I couldn't be there, Work  :down:

Yea I was one of the Westfields  - Never been before so didn't know what to expect, sprint was fun to watch plus a walk around the paddock - plus a top bacon sandwich  :d

Have to admit that I thought the majority of the cars there were spectators and not those turning up for the 'Breakfast Meet'  - I also got the feeling that the breakfast was a draw with passing trade, with a few bikers and even a scrap collector turning up .. 

IMG_2836-1.jpg

• Like 1

These 'Curborough Breakfast Club' meeting started last year and have been well attended but as I mentioned earlier this one wasn't as good as some of the breakfast meets last year. However, unlike any pub or cafe meeting there is the added element of competition cars and driving so I think it is a good place to meet but it may need some good publicity via word of mouth or forums etc to build it up. Obviously work often gets in the way so not everyone can get to every event but any car meet is only as good as the cars and people that turn up so I will continue to support this event in future and try to encourage as many as possible to attend. Hope to see you next time  :)

• Like 1