Apple Music vs Spotify

Andy - a15cro

8 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

Holy thread resurrection! ! !

...by a spammer - but at least some of our esteemed members found the thread interesting (again) - me, I love Spotify!

34 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

...by a spammer - but at least some of our esteemed members found the thread interesting (again) - me, I love Spotify!

Oh - ah well.

Not streaming myself at all (as you know I'm a physical media geek, and still play vinyl) - but have to admit I'm starting to contemplate getting a good streamer for the home hi-fi to explore 'new' to me music & guide my physical media purchases..

’fraid my physical media has lived in the loft since I went to a high quality streamer. As much as I used to like the physicality of album sleeves etc, the ease and depth of music choice via electronic means gets me every time.

Throwing another out there ... I've been on the Amazon subscription service for a while now and it's been great. It's £7.99 / mth ... although you get a limited version for the normal £7.99 Prime subscription if you don't want to pay extra. Never had a problem finding music from the top artists and all those strange ones I find on YouTube are there as well.

What audio streamers are you using guys?

46 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

What audio streamers are you using guys?

I tend to use my iMac or MacBook pro while working (the latest 16” MacBook Pro has exceptional sound for a laptop!) - or I use the Spotify app on Roku to stream which then plays via a Yamaha amp/receiver. 

Not a pure as vinyl via my Sugden Amp and Tannoys but my ears are shot these days and the vinyl is in the garage anyway 🤣 

I may as well chip in as it seems I was the original poster and totally forgot about this question. I ended up going family sub with ITunes. It’s been great, although things move fast in a few short years. In my office now I stream the radio mainly with Echo Dot connected to my Harman Kardon Soundsticks, and at home it’s a UE Megaboom mainly for portability, AirPods for the gym and wired Bose in ears for walking the dog! I’ve still got my big Hi-if  stores at my Mam’s, and can never see it coming home sadly. Life seems too busy to take time to sit and enjoy music the way I used to. 

Bluos amp with integrated streamer which is linked to Dali speakers which also serve as speakers for my turntable and tv for films etc.

One other thing about having a streamer is that you also have all the radio stations to chose from.

6 hours ago, Alfascozzesi said:

Bluos amp with integrated streamer...

Has good reviews that!

Don't want an amp though as nothing could replace my pre/power combo.

Will have to visit some stores and do some listening.

You can get a powernode (streamer and amp) or just a node ( streamer and no amp)

The amp and the streamer are matched well but the streamer alone is also meant to be excellent.

I bought it as it means we can have a linked system throughout the house (still haven’t done it) and in the garage / gym.

I could be wrong but I think it is NAD manufactured. They certainly use bluos.

Ah! You've got the Bluesound streamer, I looked up the NAD streamer.

I use tidal. Good service and last year it started intergrating with Serato DJ so I can can stream tunes into my DJ gear.  All my playlists are there. Very clever.

If you want some techno in the  tent at Stoneliegh pm me 😉 😁.

I've used Spotify through my Sonos for years. Got an offer to try Amazon prime unlimited for 99p for 4 months so giving it a go. Had no issues with the content but the app, music recommendations and integrations with my Sonos and Alexa isn't anywhere near as good as Spotify. When my 4 months is up I'll be going back to Spotify.