Apple Music vs Spotify

Andy - a15cro

Does anyone use either of these  music services? Im looking to take out a subscription and read various reviews on both but would like a bit of real user feedback before I jump

I'm a Deezer man and love it.

Bought a Bose Soundtouch and got 12 months at 50%, but will never camcel it.

• Like 1

I will give it a look Mr T.

Can you listen to stuff off line?

I will give it a look Mr T.

Can you listen to stuff off line?

I believe you can, but as the Bose I use has no storage, it's not a facility that I've looked at.

But, in my opinion, the content is certainly excellent and I have pretty diverse tastes!

• Like 1

I have Spotify account Andy. Would recommend it thoroughly as has everything, (well everything I have searched for so far)

I've found Ye Cannot Beat a good CD and Vinyl collection :d

• Like 1

I've just started using the Google music version it's costing £14.99 per month but that gives you 6 accounts and you can use it offline as long as you've downloaded to your device. All the family love it ad you can get a month free trial

My eldest has the apple one which he also says is good. Also have a look at Tidal if you just want high quality music it uses FLAC a lossless audio file amazing quality

Thanks for all the replies guys. Spotify seems to be best general use choice. I've got cd and vinyl but my technics hi fi is relegated to my mams house as the wife thinks it's a monstrosity even though it's a thing of beauty! So I'm going forward with the digital age!

LOL

My Wendz is not too keen my Hifi (it's very bulky gear) either, but it was part of me so she's had to cope with it.

I refused to view houses that wouldn't suit a good acoustic HiFi setup!! :d :D

Digital media has it's place, but IMO can't beat Hi Fidelity Audio reproducing hi quality recordings.

Yes, which is why I have steadily increasing numbers of 24 bit recordings via download!

• 3 years later...

Just to add another into the mix. Tidal is a streaming service similar to Spotify but has more high quality recordings than Spotify’s high level of account.

This was the recommendation from the Hi -Fi shop when I bought my streamer and I can’t fault it. 

Holy thread resurrection! ! !

I've also heard great things of Tidal.

But it's not worth spending on any high res recording formats unless the audio equipment being listened through is good enough to reproduce it.

1 hour ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

Holy thread resurrection! ! !

I've also heard great things of Tidal.

But it's not worth spending on any high res recording formats unless the audio equipment being listened through is good enough to reproduce it.

This is indeed true but having listened to my sons general Spotify account and tidal on my ( the same) system we think you can hear the difference.

That said at nearly 50 years old and having worked in factories all my life it could be a bit subjective!!  😁

9 minutes ago, Alfascozzesi said:

This is indeed true but having listened to my sons general Spotify account and tidal on my ( the same) system we think you can hear the difference.

That said at nearly 50 years old and having worked in factories all my life it could be a bit subjective!!  😁

That's why personal listening experience is very important - we all have different ears!

1 persons audio pleasure can be another's aural cacophony!

Others reviews/recommendations should only be used as guidance to start off search.