car tax

pistonbroke

Just tried to tax the westy "on-line" 

HM gov will only let me tax from 1st MARCH 

Why cant we tax from 1st APRIL

Stupid stupid gov twits :angry:  

because it runs from the first of the month and im guessing you are coming off SORN. if its already taxed then you can buy it up to 2 months in advance .... just guessing like .....

Great question cos the westie is the first car I've ever sorned and I want to tax it from April 1st as well. Will I get a reminder now as it's six months since I sorned, or do you just tax when you want to?

Mart.

It is because it is instant transfer. 1st April fill it in and away you go.

There are no reminders now for Sorn as it runs until you tell them

• Like 2

You may be able to tax it from the 1st of April on the morning of the 30th. I was in the same situation last month, and I was able to tax the Westfield on the morning of the 28th, but starting on the 1st of March. Would not show as taxed online until the 1st though, so don't be tempted to drive it beforehand ;)

• Like 1

Yep, mine only runs from April, so I was able to set mine up for the on-line DD system the other day, running from April 1st, as the others have said, if yours is nominally due before then, you'll have to wait till nearer the time.

I would have thought it would let you tax it but you would loose a month.

Strange this is I can't see my car on the website, but I put the new number on using their on line service and have taxed it at the post office?

Never come across this before.