2016 Competitors List

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

List of competitors for this year by class and Main or Novice championship.

Entered but no yet on list. Paul Dew,

We do consider late entries, particularly for new competitors, please contact me if you want to enter

2016 Speed Series Entries 21 Mar 2016.pdf

Still looks like a good field - especially given the changes this year.

Didn't expect so many in F this year

Interesting that relatively few drivers switched to 1Bs

David

Good to see 15 in novices. :t-up:

Even better, one of them is in my old car. :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

• Like 1

Yes, it's good to see so many people entering. We are the only club that I am aware of that wrote our rules to continue to allow 1C tyres to be used in roadgoing. The high entries using 1C vindicates this decision.

• Like 3

Good to see 15 in novices. :t-up:

Shame that's 25% less than entered Novice last year.

• Like 1

Shame that's 25% less than entered Novice last year.

& 20% drop in Expert Westfield entries.

Yes, it's good to see so many people entering. We are the only club that I am aware of that wrote our rules to continue to allow 1C tyres to be used in roadgoing. The high entries using 1C vindicates this decision.

Given the MSA Regs shenanigans which has put people off, there could have been less entries. Agree that the 1C tyre inclusion has probably helped this greatly.

I'm not sure that running so many classes with fewer entries will be viable longer term, but IMO works better for this year to help smooth transition & our costs to compete.

• Like 1

Don't forget that last year there were a lot of entrants that did none or very few events.  Would be interesting to know the reasons why.

• Like 1

Don't forget that last year there were a lot of entrants that did none or very few events.  Would be interesting to know the reasons why.

My excuse is I have completely lost my mojo. The car has been problematic with minor niggles (oil leaks) that have helped tip me over the edge.

As for this year, my lack of enthusiasm to compete, is one thing, and I refuse to remove what I consider to be a perfectly serviceable cage to fit an MSA roll hoop.

If the enthusiasm returns I might try WSCC Blyton but then again can I be bothered......

Anyone want to buy a class E car?

• Like 2

Don't forget that last year there were a lot of entrants that did none or very few events. Would be interesting to know the reasons why.

That will be me for this year , just be having a go for the first time in many moons and not having a trailer so driving to events which narrows it down to local-ish stuff.

But very much looking forward to it ! :0)