Rap Star or F1 Driver..?

John K

It's no secret I'm not a fan of Hamilton, but his interview in the run up to the F! highlights on C4 really annoyed me.

From the 6kg of gold round his neck to his diamond earrings it was like watching an interview with rap star Fuzzy Rascal or whoever...

And all the stuff about getting a piano in every hotel room for 'his music'

I really miss Hunt and his ilk, too many pretty boys in F1 now.

And yes I probably am just jealous... 

• Like 3

And what's happened to his English accent?

sorry but I have to agree with you. got up missed the start and restart, saw 1 overtake and verstaffen demanding to be let by, what a load of tosh !!!! Trade descriptions should  have them for calling it racing. So went outside and worked on the car soooo much more enjoyable and satisfying :)

I can't help but laugh when I see him wearing those non-prescription, clear lens glasses. Does he think he looks more sophisticated?

• Like 1

Too much money involved nowadays, yes they are gifted drivers but that doesn't mean moment you step out of the car you have to act like a dick...

Mind you, when you look at Alonso's 'little off' I suppose they do earn the right to act like they want...

I do wonder how they decompress after something like that. When I had my Glympton bump (as per the Accident thread) the Traffic Cop dropped me in Woodstock to "get a drink and a taxi".

And I got well bladdered on his official instructions.

I still vote that Button and Weber are some of the good eggs in F1

Hamilton however is one of the biggest plonkers (oooohhh, get his earrings glinting in the setting sun - I'm in  :love: )

• Like 1

Certainly forgotten how to do starts,  :suspect:

The only thing about Hamilton I don't like is that he makes me like Rosberg and Vettel.

It's not just the likes of Hamilton that have lost their way - I think the whole of F1 has and the biggest culprit is B E.

I watched the practice highlights yesterday whilst waiting for the rugby (could you imagine LH playing rugby - um, no, nor can I ) - anyway, back to F1 and the pathetic disarray that was the qualifying "knockout" ..... yeh, that was exciting to watch wasn't it :cry:

Ecclestone will no doubt come up with more brilliant schemes such as making the fastest person start last :suspect:

I'm not going to waste my time with F1 this year (oh look, it's Lewis Rosberg winning again) - just for once I think the BBC made a smart move and saved some of my licence fee  :)   

To be fair, I think part of the reason the new qually didn't work that well was that the teams hadn't done their homework properly (not leaving enough time to finish a hot lap). Q3 just didn't work though with the merc domination. I can see it making Q1 and Q2 a little more interesting once the teams get the hang of it.

There were interesting periods in the race too so I'd say better than last year. Someone needs to give Vestappen a slap though and tell him to just bl**** well overtake instead of complaining about slower drivers not moving out of his way.

The BTCC makes for so much better entertainment. Gave up on F1 a good few years ago

• Like 2

World Superbikes or BSB along with moto gp just a pity moto gp is not on Eurosport!!

As for F1 it has been dead for me since the Schumi team orders to win races and championships. I say a race is a race not a pre arranged result! This year looks like a repeat of last years Mercedes boring head of the procession.

Really enjoyed the guy martin speed thingy the other night and it showed the jaw dropping ability of an f1 car and just how good you need to be an f1 driver.....coultard had not driven for nigh on a year but could still do the business....BUT he did come over as a pampered prima Donna IMHO and this is perhaps why so many of us warm to someone like guy martin who appears to be normal and live in the real world, albeit being amazingly talented at what he does on a bike.

A shame a few more aren't like him in this respect.

Mart.