Q144VWP anyone ?

1959grantura

Was just browsing some old photos and wondered if anyone owns this car? It was a family friends car then my Uncle owned it !

3DE77376-BBC5-45E9-A420-559EE0D6A10E_zps

Now how Random is that?? What a small world !! I will send a pic over to Andy he lives in USA !!

I know - random isn't it?? I've made some more changes since then too. Happy to put together a current spec sheet and brief history of my ownership with photos etc if he's interested?

I'm always keen to hear what happened to cars I've owned so would be happy to pass on info.

Would also be great to get some more background info for my records too if he's willing to share...

• Like 1

I have sent a message to make contact through Facebook , he is my cousans friend but they are all over the place so might take a while but all petrol heads so I am sure would be inter

The above photo was taken in 1999 at Lemans , I clearly remember it having a tiny fuel tank and we had to stop at every pump on the way down lol , think it was a crossflow at the time. Andy was from down south (Worthing way?) and then my Uncle had it for a while he lived in Longwick Bucks.

I will report back when I get am answer!

Cool, will be interesting to see if he's able to come back to you! To be fair the history file was quite comprehensive so I think I've got most of the info, it's just nice to complete the story :)

Sounds like it was your uncle I bought it from, think his name was Alf? Really nice guy and clearly cared a lot about the car. He mentioned the Le Mans trip and said he bought the keyring that was on the keys there, and how special the keyring was to him, so I've kept it and it's still on the car keys. I love little bits of history like that. Should get rid of it now really as it gets thrown around on track as it hangs out of the dashboard, but I can't bring myself to do it!

It's a 20 litre tank but that crossflow was a thirsty little monster! Think it was about 100 - 120 miles on the road between fills. Much less on track! I can imagine that was both deeply worrying for the driver and frustrating for the convoy!

I've been thinking about doing a history thread on here for posterity's sake, so this may have just prodded me into it.

• Like 1

Just spent an hour finding these photos so brace yourself amazing selection of your car from that trip lol

C334F8E3-4BB8-41C9-8730-7849EF180D53_zps

Awesome! Love it! Still got that tonneau!! :d

Thanks for doing that. Will do a post on its journey with me so far tomorrow.

Excellent got a reply

"Wow. Very random! You can give him my email address if you want and I'll write something up. Andy.fellows@mail.com. "