2nd April, Northern Cobra Club, Carding Shed.

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Get your roof on ya softy :-)

Ya know full well that usually I'm not averse to a bit of rain Marcus

Huddersfield BBC forecast says that rain stops 6AM tomorrow morning then dry.

Barry

Watching the weather tonight, looks like its going to be cloudy but dry.

Had a phone call from Simon from the Cobra club tonight and he's going to decide in the morning.

Let's see who turns up.

I might have to dig the roof out!

Still raining in Huddersfield fairly consistently, Ive no roof or windscreen so I'm staying home.

Have a good day guys.

Heavy rain has now turned to drizzle in Chesterfield so we are just off to put the hood on and will see you at The Strines.

I hope Martyn doesn't mind me speaking for him, but him and Sue will be on their way, complete with half hood.

Get your roof on ya softy :-)

I'm playing the 'softy' joker card! :(

So Much for the "accurate"? ????? BBC weather report but at least it was a good day out and good to see everyone again today.

Barry & Andrew

280320162588_zps2tmmumn9.jpg

280320162583_zpsib8euo09.jpg

• Like 2

4 Westfields, 1 Cobra and Frank in his MX5. Not too bad for a wet rainy day.

What an excellent turn out, full of surprises. The first one was Barry and Andrew, I was chuffed to bits when I saw them pull into the car park, complete with roof on, well done you two, I know you both hate the rain and cold. The second surprise was Frank, coming all the way from Harrogate, OK, in an MX5, but we like those too and his most immaculate Westfield is still waiting in the garage for next time. Another surprise was Pre-lit Steve waiting for us to arrive at the Oil Can Cafe, complete with wife, two of the children and the wife's sister, I hope they all liked the place. The final surprise was a late entry from Jamie in his Cobra, well would you bring yours out in the rain if you owned one? no, I thought not. The great thing about Westfield's is that they are universal enough to bring out in all weathers.

The Strines

DSC07455_zpswzdea3nq.jpg

All these surprises does not take away the great respect given to Robin and Martyn/Sue who also came along. We all met at The Strines and got quite cosy with both real fires lit and the rain coming down outside. A group of gentlemen introduced themselves to us, they were from the Cobra club but had not bought their cars today, the Jag was rather nice though. We finally braved the outdoors and set off to the Oil Can Cafe, along a very wet, slippy, difficult road with brand new tarmac in places mmm. We had a look around the garage before getting some lunch and indulging in more car talk with an added topping of some Cobra talk. I hope Roger Moore enjoy's this story Jamie!

The Oil Can Cafe

DSC07466_zpsg948e44a.jpg

We came out of the cafe and...yoo hoo... the rain had stopped, so we all agreed to go home topless and went our separate ways. We passed an accident on the Strines road, I said it is was a naughty road, take your eyes off it for one second and it will have you.  Martyn and Sue came to our house to give their Westfield a bath before heading off to a hotel. The sun was blazing away, a bit late but there you go. Then Glen and I set to on cleaning our Westfield, ready for an early start in the morning. Please let it be dry at Elvington tomorrow.

The Cobra

DSC07457_zps5ovndmwe.jpg

DSC07458_zpsoc1d8xyo.jpg

• Like 2

A few photos from me

SAM_2963_zpst8gjq29x.jpg

4 Westfields, 1 Cobra and Frank in his Hairdressers (his words, not mine) MX5.

SAM_2964_zpsy0qbpces.jpg

SAM_2965_zps4edredsl.jpg

Got a bit damp, but it's only water.