Peak District, Sat 12th March, the scenic route to Ashbourne

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at The Wheatsheaf, Baslow, DE45 1SR at 10.30am.

We will go the long way round to Ashbourne before having an early-ish finish to allow Martyn and Sue to pursue their Saturday night partying, lucky devils. 

I will be bringing my box of frogs - you need to read Chairman's Chat in the new magazine to understand that one!  :)

If Russ has managed to clear up the itch on his foot he might come along too :p

Anyone else?

I need to head across to Leek to see a man about a dog on Saturday morning...I'll be on the same road though so I'll give you a beep if I see you on the way back...

Sorry Julie, not only do we need to finish early but we will also be late starting……..about 11.30ish  :oops:

How about meeting at The Bentley Brook, Ashbourne about 1pm, no rush or pressure then? 

Julie,

If everything goes according to plan, Pat and I will see you at the Bentley Brook for a bite of lunch. Need to make sure the winter changes are OK, need to make sure the heater doesn't cause any cooling issues (yes!, I got round to installing the heater at long last).

All change Julie, we can meet as planned at the Wheatsheaf for 10.30 and drive to the Bentley Brook to meet Ian and Pat.

I'm very pleased to say for the first time we will be joining you all for a trot out  :yes:

looking forward to seeing you in the morning for a good fry up  ;)

take it all back :cry:

Had a very traumatic experience when my throttle cable broke & had to ring back for a toe off father tonight :angry: .

As soon as shes back on the road i will be with u.

hope you have a fab time. 

Ben & Nat 

Well, what a weather forecast I have just seen, double figure temperatures AND sunshine, might....only might....be able to take one of the layers off tomorrow  :t-up: .

It will be a shame that Ben/Nat and Russ will miss this one, it will be wonderful, see you at The Wheatsheaf Martyn/Sue  :t-up:

Golly, where do I start, there has not been a dull moment today. We will start with a thank you to everyone who came today because I think you all found reasons why you can (turn up) rather than excuses why you can't. I like that, it is commendable. It was a quick run round with fleeting visits, manic really. Now, I think we will have a picture next, and then it is story time - don't panic Martyn.

The Wheatsheaf

DSC07348_zpsccqwhuf6.jpg

DSC07345_zpsgbvf8pjc.jpg

Ben/Nat also managed to join us for breakfast at The Wheatsheaf in the tin top to discuss the broken throttle cable. Glen had a spare one amongst his arsenal of tools in my car so after a quick bite to eat Ben/Nat wizzed off with it to fix the Westfield and would meet us later for lunch. 

Martyn/Sue followed us through Holymoorside to go and sample the delights of Slack Hill. Slack Hill is a great big hill that splits into 2 lanes just at the right moment, much fun. On the way there I can only describe it on this public forum as shocking driving from the Corsa man and an excellent response from Martyn. Me, I was watching, open mouthed, in my rear view mirror whilst giving Glen a running commentary.

After a pose through Matlock Bath we went up the Via Gellia road, oh joy, it was like driving a different car. We had warm, dry tarmac and the tyres actually felt like they were sticking to the road for the first time since last October. We arrived at The Bentley Brooke and met Ian and Pat, shortly after Ben/Nat arrived in their Westfield. Ian talked us through the winter upgrades which all seem to have been successful, he knows how to treat a lady, Pat now has a heater and a harness that doesn't slope off her shoulders. After being suitably refreshed Martyn/Sue and Ian/Pat had to make a quick exit. 

We went in the opposite direction with Ben/Nat to Parsley Hay Cycle Hire Shop, for another throttle cable, don't ask. Ben's car looks great and sounds great and it is lovely to listen to the enthusiasm of a new owner. You will learn so much, Ben, I knew nothing 2 years ago, I know a lot more now but there is so much to learn, imagine what building one is like, mucho respecto to the builders. And that was that, did you keep up? Good, now it's picture time.

The Bentley Brooke

DSC07349_zpszhoevzm6.jpg

Have a drool over these seats of Ian's. We couldn't work out if the blanket is a booster seat for Ian or to keep Pat warm  :p

DSC07353_zps70fttjsc.jpg

It was nice that the cold air didn't eat your face off and that there was not even a threat of rain, I love spring. It is coming up to a very busy time so here is a quick run down of what is happening next.

Sat 19th March - GBS cars and coffee

Easter Monday 28th March - Middleton Top beam engine is running

Sat 2 April - Oil Can Cafe

Sun 3rd April - Thunder Day, Elvington with Geoffrey and Buttercup

Thurs 7th April - Peak District Area visit the Derby/Notts meet at The Clock

Sat 9th or Sun 10th April - Cave Dale, Castleton, another Hidden Road that Glen/Julie have found.

Keep up!

• Like 2

Another good day out, weather was very good and enjoyable driving apart from one issue as mentioned in Julie's report above. The following video shows the incident at a junction of two single carriageway roads!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f6N3DJF3fMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After that gem of a right turn for some reason the driver also wanted to make overtaking as difficult as possible!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rF_uF-Qs12o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some of the better parts......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qf9_2Q9XNKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vAjIz5VDgzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another good day out, weather was very good and enjoyable driving apart from one issue as mentioned in Julie's report above. The following video shows the incident at a junction of two single carriageway roads!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f6N3DJF3fMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After that gem of a right turn for some reason the driver also wanted to make overtaking as difficult as possible!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rF_uF-Qs12o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

F*** me that was some p*ss poor driving! I cant believe you didnt give way to the Corsa coming from the right!

Seriously though - what the heck was he playing at? The usual "trying to race a sports car by driving like a kn*b"?