V8 WSC

Yanto

Topic title is the registration number of my new car.

Some of you may remember that I was after an SEight, well by coincidence, good fortune or whatever I do believe that I have one of the best, biased me? You bet!

Today I picked up my V8, and today is my 53rd Birthday, so it's been a good day.  One could say that I'm too old for the car I have (track orientated) but I don't care, putting on a skid lid today was like going back in time to when i last wore one in 1983, when an old mate of mine turned up on his motorbike after 4 years in South Africa, we slithered and skidded in in the ice and snow to the local pub.

Tenuous link perhaps, well believe me on the M11 in a blizzard of hail there were certain similarities, although the car never put a foot wrong, but i was as tense as I was back in 83.

Moving swiftly on, the car;  well it was built by Graham Smith, it has a V8 Developments 5.1 litre engine and despite the "social" exhaust it has a growl which has to be heard to be believed, and torque, well talk to me about torque, it has enough, no, that is an injustice, it has masses of it, any gear, any speed and it goes - I think I might be an addict!

Anyway, 125 miles in near freezing temps, fully togged up was, well, just awesome despite it being on motorways.

By the way the car has run 11.7 seconds on a 1/4 mile which i believe is rather good, but for me even cruising around at 40 mph will be special, in a way only a V8 can be.

I guess now I should say "hello" chaps (again), it's good to back owning a Westfield, and now I have what I always lusted after it will stay with me for a looooooong time.

"it's good to be back, good to be back, helloooooow"

Thank you.

Ian

• Like 3

Hello Yanto.

This thread is meaningless without pictures....and a lovely loud video.

Patience, tomorrow.  The car is now tucked up in bed, it needs a wash, believe me it needs a wash.

Welcome back,  :yes:

We do need pictures though  :d

Well Done Yanto.... from down the road. Pleased you had a safe journey.

I really am going to have to visit you now!!

Welcome, Ian. Another Leicestershire member - we'll have enough for our own group soon!

eta. punctuation

Welcome and I know what you mean about V8s, I have half of one in mine!

• Like 1

no photo's today I'm afraid, but i have installed a quick release steering boss, tomorrow I will be putting some carbon arch protectors on, although a trial fit suggests they will need some manipulating to get them to conform to the rear arches.  I also have some new carbon cycle wings and half doors to fit.

You could try www.seight.net ☺

This link shows how the car looked when Graham completed the build; http://www.seight.net/megaseight.htm

It now doesn't have the carbon nose just a regular one.  Also the radiator is different, Nitron dampers with bespoke settings, it is now dry sumped and has a different exhaust system, still underslung and just cleared the lumps in the track to my house which was a great relief as I was really worried that it would ground.