US made portable lifting gear

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

Some while ago there was a thread on here about ramps, jacks, and lifts and I mentioned (at least I think I did!) a US made set called 'Quickjack'. I had/have some reservations regarding lateral stability but excepting that, like the concept. Unfortunately, at that time, they were not available here because they did not have the necessary CE approval. This morning I received an email to tell me that they now are CE marked and available through EU through a distributor in Estonia. If anyone is interested they have a website in English:

http://www.bpkeurope.eu/

Needless to say I have no connection with this company and do not endorse them in any way - I just thought the product looked interesting.

Interesting Idea MOTCO but I could not justify the £1000 however cool it would be

Yes, I know. It would need a certain amount of fast talking here too. Had my son not shoved off to Australia and his two cars left the field of battle it might have been easier. I am uncertain whether I will even still have my Westfield for much longer. Thirteen years ownership and no petrolhead son here for the foreseeable future makes it harder to justify. :down:

Yes, I know. It would need a certain amount of fast talking here too. Had my son not shoved off to Australia and his two cars left the field of battle it might have been easier. I am uncertain whether I will even still have my Westfield for much longer. Thirteen years ownership and no petrolhead son here for the foreseeable future makes it harder to justify. :down:

surely all the more reason to have it.... 13 yrs ,means its now part of the family!

• Like 1

Wow, that's some markup, as they are selling for $825 in the US at the moment.

I have one of these, and am pretty happy with it now (I got an initial version that had issues with the hydraulic rods not bleeding properly). I find I get to jobs quicker, like oil changes, as it is a lot quicker as I don't have to do the "get the car up on jacks dance". I also used it when I had to change the timing belt on my Miata, so it works for multiple of my cars.

That's a good price Graham. The Bendpak website quotes >$1,000 IIRC. I like the idea of these with only the lateral stability concern, but to pay approaching £2,000 including local taxes and shipping is just too much.