Respect is due to Barnaby's F&C Shop in SuA

John K

There is a sit down / take away chippy in Stratford upon Avon at the bottom of Sheep St and facing the green (CV37 6EF).

First off, the Fish and Chips are really nice, If I fancy a pottle out and a nice lunch (and no beer) I normally head here.

I was there yesterday with one of my oldest and best mates and we were catching up etc. My mate had his youngest son with him who is, sadly, quite mentally disabled.

Needless to say by the time we finished eating, our table / floor / walls could have staged a WW1 Battle of the Somme re-enactment.

So on the way out I went to the bloke at the till (obviously an immigrant (and I CAN say that because I'm the son of one...)) and tried to give him a £5 tip "because they would have so much cleaning up to do"

The guy would not take my money... We were sat close to him so it was obvious we were have a 'challenge' with our young companion, and he must have picked up on that. 

My estimation for the guy sky rocketed...

So to any AO's in the Midlands / Cotswolds, if you are organising any blats that feature Stratford upon Avon, please consider lunching at Baranby's (good parking nearby as well..!)

• Like 1

I never live this place down , on one of the first dates with my now wife I poured sugar all over my chips then played it cool pretending it hadn't happened and ate them.

Quality chippy !!

• Like 1

I never live this place down , on one of the first dates with my now wife I poured sugar all over my chips then played it cool pretending it hadn't happened and ate them.

Quality chippy !!

ha ha ha ! Did a similar thing with mine , took her to a posh chinky restaraunt in manchester ordered lemon tea , the waiter brought the finger bowl and I drank that thinking it was the tea (it had slices of lemon in it ) 

really impressive  :t-up:

• Like 2