Alternator Bracket Zetec/Denso

congorobot

Are there any off the shelf brackets that will allow me to fit my new Denso alternator?

I know they are available as part of a kit, however, I already have the alternator.

As above i have the retro ford one with the pulley so the water pump spins the correct way and it is perfect, but not cheap.

Hth...

i made mine to fit under the inlet manifold

1/4 plate steel 1" deep with two ears welded on with holes for the alternator to bolt to

been on two years without issues

i made mine to fit under the inlet manifold

1/4 plate steel 1" deep with two ears welded on with holes for the alternator to bolt to

been on two years without issues

To be fair if I had either the ability to weld or the facility to make one I'd have done the same. The retro ford one is nice but it's nothing fancy what so ever. Just some cut amd welded plates.

My car is in bits so I can take pics of the retro for one if you need me to

Thanks for the info. I have the one westfield supplied that worked with the bigger alternator. Near the end of last year (night before track day) I noticed the lower front tab was cracked completely through the weld. I removed it and welded it up with my cheap gasless mig welder (Fisher-Price I think!). At the end of track day I checked it again and the weld was cracked through again.

If my welding skills were better I would try fabricating it myself, but I think I will just cough up for a pre-made one.

Thanks for the info. I have the one westfield supplied that worked with the bigger alternator. Near the end of last year (night before track day) I noticed the lower front tab was cracked completely through the weld. I removed it and welded it up with my cheap gasless mig welder (Fisher-Price I think!). At the end of track day I checked it again and the weld was cracked through again.

If my welding skills were better I would try fabricating it myself, but I think I will just cough up for a pre-made one.

You can come and have a look at mine and see if you fancy replicating it

You can come and have a look at mine and see if you fancy replicating it

Thanks for the offer but I presume this would still involve some welding, where in lies the problem.

Thanks for the offer but I presume this would still involve some welding, where in lies the problem.

It would, and that's where I'm not good either, lol! If you come over this way, we may see if Andy at SKC can replicate something similar ;-)

Find a local friendly fabricator

Wouldnt cost much

Find a local friendly fabricator

Wouldnt cost much

I would expect it would be a bit cheaper as it doesn't seem to be a complicated piece.

• Like 1