Mega S2000 ride height issue / suspension setup?

JamesR

I found the Procomp details in the paperwork, Ash.  The figures don't mean a great deal to me, but I don't doubt that it was done correctly:

Procomp_zpspvckijzc.jpg

Whilst the gearbox hoop has definitely had a good knock, I can see that a couple of the long seat bolts are bent backwards so it looks like snipping these off should help too.

If the car was set up with just the driver (who I probably have a couple of stone on), and I'll mostly be driving with a passenger then I dare say it makes sense to lift everything by a few mm just to be sure.

All the figures for alignment look good (in both cases), but it'll be ride height and spring rates that dictate bottom-out.

JamesR - I think an increase in ride height could be beneficial for you. If you put, say, 3 turns on the spring platforms on each damper (in the direction of trying to decrease the length of the spring) and then try again, that would give an idea if it's helping. Ideally - given that the car has already been on the scales and appears to have been set up in a way that gives the same weight on the front wheels for optimal braking - you would return to the same 'corner weights' which would require a little further tweaking, but most cars aren't corner weighted at all, so it's perfectly safe to try this out. That's the reason I mentioned exactly the same amount of turns on all spring platforms, so you can return back to standard easily if you need.

• Like 1

Did Ash give you the "C" Spanner??

If not I have one and can show you want to do  :t-up:

I don't have a C spanner, Tom so if I can use yours on the w/end that would be great ta!    :d

I think Adam's idea of the same number of clicks(?) on each corner should get me out of trouble for now until I can get it properly setup for me?

You can usually turn the spring platforms by hand if you're not a Southern woofter :d Bit of grease on the threads helps :yes: And a dab of tippex to mark the starting position... Give it a try, it should do the job.

'Clicks' is usually something related to the damping adjustment. There will be a little knurled dial, about 15mm in diameter, at one end of the damper body. ProComp have recommended yours are used at 4 clicks from softest (fully anticlockwise), as shown in the bottom left of your setup sheet.

:(

Andy is correct the car was setup with procomp by the master himself Ivan and on speaking to matt last week Ivan is sadly no longer with us .

He might call himself 'the master' but to be honest that set up is just wrong! To have the corner weights so far out is poor.

If the corner weights are incorrect then the ride heights are also wrong and the geo will be wrong!

How do you know these are the settings on your car? They are just writing on a piece of paper!

These may be the settings they wanted on your car but your car could have anything dialled in TBH.

To make the front tyres carry equal weights when the car is static shows no understanding of vehicle dynamics.

He might call himself 'the master' but to be honest that set up is just wrong! To have the corner weights so far out is poor.

If the corner weights are incorrect then the ride heights are also wrong and the geo will be wrong!

How do you know these are the settings on your car? They are just writing on a piece of paper!

These may be the settings they wanted on your car but your car could have anything dialled in TBH.

To make the front tyres carry equal weights when the car is static shows no understanding of vehicle dynamics.

I found this comment a little distastefull and unrespectful to a man that's passed way !!

Ivan didn't call himself the master I did they were my words. He set two or three westfields for me in the past and they always handle prefect, so I was talking from my experience and I',m pretty sure that he had many more more  happy customers.

I found this comment a little distastefull and unrespectful to a man that's passed way !!

Ivan didn't call himself the master I did they were my words. He set two or three westfields for me in the past and they always handle prefect, so I was talking from my experience and I',m pretty sure that he had many more more  happy customers.

If they were set-up like the sheet shows then they weren't set-up very well - it's only the truth; can you tell me why pointing out that the geo is wrong is disrespectful?  

The only time front wheel weights should be equal is if the weight on each side of the car is equal with its normal load (i.e. a single seater) A Westfield with the driver on one side should not have equal front corner weights - they do not defy the laws of physics.