Kart/Race Boots

Andy - a15cro

I have a size smaller than standard shoes. But that's with using thin nomex socks.

Driving boots should be a close fit.

Thanks everyone, I will update once I get sorted.

Yes I would like mine to be a size smaller than I have tbh but as I said my feet are just plain odd!

Going to go against the grain here...! My race boots (FIA approved jobbers) are some of the worst shoes I own for driving in. Sole is too thick and stiff, too narrow, odd shape. Granted, I spend most of my life in trainers or Vans-type shoes, but I much prefer these to my OMPs.

Anyone you could borrow a set from to try, before you buy?

I normally wear my Converse when I go out in it, but I've now ordered a couple of pairs to try, spoke to both Demon Tweaks (Sparko) and Nicky Grist (Alpinestars) and they both offer refunds if not suitable. Should get the Sparks tomorrow and the Alps Monday.

While Im on Ive also ordered my new cycle wings, number plates and some money put aside for geometry set up, after my 'nudge' with the kerb!

• Like 1

Sparko Slaloms arrived Saturday morning, first impressions, I like them, comfortable, good fit and wouldn't look out of place as a pair of trainers. Suede upper, leather insole and rubber sole.

23D15B4A-5649-4E3D-A2CB-E2FEE9A4530C_zps

The Alpinestars arrives Monday morning, first impressions, quite similar to the Spark's except for a perforated material around the ankle and top foot area. Suede upper, man made insole,and rubber sole that appears quite grippy on a laminate floor.

29212507-D140-4210-972B-C96034C88DAD_zps

So I decided to try one of each on, the Alpinestars on the right foot were slightly tighter across the foot but comfortable, and this possibly is the clincher, the Sparco on the left - a bit uncomfortable on the sole of my foot! I didn't try the left on when they came on Saturday, so on closer inspection I can feel a rough edge on the edge of the sole. Not sure if its glue or a bad cut on the leather.  Slightly looser across the foot, and apart from that pretty much in league with each other.

I'm looking forward to getting them in front of the pedals soon.