Kart/Race Boots

Andy - a15cro

Ive been wearing my converse high tops for driving as my feet in normal shoes/trainers don't really work with the reduced pedal space. This year I would like to get some kart boots instead, I don't want to spend a small fortune but do like to buy once and quality. Couple of points hopefully someone can shed light on. What boots do you have and how do you find the sizing?

Im looking for black and orange to match the car (yes I know........but I bet I'm not alone  :d )

Any preferences as to places to buy from?

I have these and they are really comfortable.

Very light and my feet don't sweat.

I am a size 10 and these fit fine.

I did try others and it's good if you can try them on first in my opinion.

Have you looked at Plays Kool

http://www.nickygrist.com/alpinestars-sp-race-shoe-1481-p.asp

Ill put them on my shortlist. Ive had Alpinestars bike gear and must admit its good stuff.

Bought a pair of Koden karting boots from eBay 3 years ago £25 I think

Still wear them very comfy and for the price fab

I think most kart boots are much of a muchness, I dont really what brand mine are but they are fine, all black swade, bought cheaply off ebay. OMP maybe?

Daniel

+1 for PlaysKool range

Ill put them on my shortlist. Ive had Alpinestars bike gear and must admit its good stuff.

Me too - so I went for Alpinestars booties - they are very comfy. I went for a slightly bigger size than normal as they are narrow and my feet are akin to those found on Hobbitses 

Been wearing Koden (eBay) boots for last couple of years - no probs, and cheap!

I found that OMP and Alpinestars fit lower volume / narrower feet.

Those I tried from Playskool (very good value) and others were wider.

Beware that Suade ones are more likely to stretch over time so ensure there's enough gap to lace tighter if necessary.

But in all cases try on before you buy due to the large variation in last shape used to manufacture them.

I've a pair of OMP ones via Ebay that I've used for a couple of years plus a nice red pair (GrandPrix?) that I found online at half price.

Both cost me under £30 a pair and are really comfortable. (size 8/42)

I also have a pair from Playskool which are v comfy plus a pair of Adidas/Goodyear Trainers  which I've had for years.

Puma speed cat trainers for me, very comfy and not too race looking

Ive narrowed the choice down to these two.

http://www.nickygrist.com/alpinestars-sp-race-shoe-1481-p.asp

or

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/race-boots/sparco-slalom-rb-3-race-boots

Kingster, how do you find the sizing on the Alpinestars? Did you go a size up from usual?

Well mine were bought as a present by the wife. She knew I wanted some boots and that my bike gear was all alpinestsrs so picked the same ones you are looking at. She also knew that my right foot needs a bigger size than my left due to damage sustained in the microlight crash I had a few years back. So she ended up buying a 43 where I usually wear a 42. They fit great on the width and are spot on to drive with even though I have a little bit of space in front of the toe. But I really do have odd feet and thus hardly ever find a perfect fit for both of them!