Got the Fiesta ST

John K

And it's mega...

It's cheap but it's Bertie Bassets Cheerful... And surprisingly fast, doesn't take long to get to the national limit.

OK the turbo does dull the initial throttle response so if you want to rev match on the downshift you need to give it a bit more of a blip than you would like, but the whoosh of boost that follows is a fair return. And does like to rev.

I just wish I had gone for the DERV, I guess I was just too scared to have that much fun.

Ride is too jiggly for a daily drive, but spot on for fun driving.

Steering is stupidly direct, sure a lack of feel, but instant response.

It just feels agile and nimble and does want to turn in. Will take a while to get used to it before I give it a good spanking as it will take some getting used to.

And the Red really does suit it.

Fast Fords, back to their best... Blag a drive in one - you might be surprised...

• Like 2

Passed a new-shape S3 to day.

Well actually, as I was not driving like a knob, they undertook me at 70mph in between gantries in a 60mpg 'smart' section of the M6, but I must say it looked like a hoot of a car and made all the right noises.

My daily is a E46 330Ci so no sloth either, but as enough 'exec saloon' to be a fair way from a nimble hatch.

Photos or it doesnt exist.....

Daniel

20160301 113953

20160301 113625

Strange thing is (and taste is v. personal) but we I went ST shopping I was convinced I wanted a blue one. But now the only colour for it is red.

And I can confirm happiness is a big, wet, empty, three lane round about with open sight lines.

This thing REALLY likes to play.

And believe it or not, my master plan for shopping at Tesco worked.

When I used to go in the Mundane, I used to hoon it there and then, because the shop only took up 25% of the boot, had to drive home like a Saint - else all the shopping ended up mixed into some giant paella in the corner of the boot.

But the weekly shop fits perfectly and snugly into the boot of the ST, so I hoon there and back..!

Only down side so far is it seem to attract 23 year old morons in 10 year old 3 series Beemers. Apparently a middle aged bloke in an ST offends their pulsating hormones.

• Like 1

Sorry can't see the pics, google says:

"404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know."

Sorry can't see the pics, google says:

"404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know."

Sorry... I gave up trying to be clever and put them in my Gallery and posted them in directly...

Just saw an Orange one on the M69 today - Red is the way to go..! Except that you do get boggo 4 doors in the same colour so it is a bit of a detective game before you give em a wave...

Can't say I have the same problem with the Westie - its either plain stupid like yours, or its something else.

And I have a problem with speed, not the road's limit cos I do think 99% of the time I am on or just below it.

Its the approach speed to roundabouts. Because I don't slow down, I do catch a LOT of folk out.

The 'look once, oh, he's a long way away, I'll trundle out... Holy Jezzus, He was coming a lot faster than I expected' brigade...

And they are ALWAYS driving a Peugeot - unfortunately nowadays the marque for drivers who have given up caring... Even Honda Jazz drivers care more for driving than your average bloke in a Pug...

They are a nice car mate, BUT..... they are also too easy to nick..... 2 people where I work lost them..... a third was only stopped by one of those full steering wheel covering lock thingys.....

Nem.............

ALL cars can be stolen. Sounds like you have a local gang that fancy ST's Nem

I've heard they are popular with the Twocking brigade. But I do live in the middle of Middle England where the last known theft was of some apples, off a tree, in 1968...

But there is a down side to hot hatch ownership that I didn't see in the Westie.

Folk who when you get behind them - and I don't tailgate or act aggressive in anyway - drop their speed to 30 or 40 (in a 60 or 70 zone) and when you go for the overtake, then speed up... I even had a guy brake when I decided I didn't want to play and I slowed up - to try to keep me on the wrong side.

There was nothing coming and by eck, it can stop fast, so I dropped in behind him and deliberately took a different route at the next roundabout.

It's stupid, childish and ultimately dangerous. Why do they do it..?

Never ever had it in the Westie, usually got a wave. Perhaps its the combination of low, red and daytime LEDs