It took 4 months to do what...?

Quinten

Well, not entirely accurate, but having just taxed my car for tomorrow, I too can reveal my winter 'upgrades'.

I always hated the bare aluminium look that my car featured, and after a few attempts to buy a carpet set for it, eventually gave up and waited for the right time to do it myself. Well, this winter was finally the right time.

2014-06-15+13_29_56.jpg

I removed the seats and was greeted by the nice combination of road grime, oil (well it is a Crossflow, what do you expect?) and grit. Nothing that a lot of elbow grease and white spirit couldn't shift though!

2016-01-17+14_39_10.jpg

2016-02-07+15_20_47.jpg

The carpet was bought a long time ago, but with the car empty the patterns were made and trial fitted

2016-02-14+15_32_47.jpg

2016-02-20+12_57_49.jpg

Apply Sikaflex liberally (except for tunnel top), leave to dry overnight and re-fit seats

2016-02-28+16_56_04.jpg

2016-02-28+16_56_12.jpg

Q.

• Like 1

That looks really smart.

Are the seats easy to keep clean.

No, if I'm honest they are a pain to keep clean

It only took 4 months.....and the pics dont work for me!

Work for me and everyone else...?

Not wishing to put a downer on things but wasn't sikaflex a bit ott - our carpets were stuck in with double sided tape for 15 years. What happens if you want to take them out?

Could be a firewall thing Q...

That's usually between the engine and cockpit :) :) :)

Not wishing to put a downer on things but wasn't sikaflex a bit ott - our carpets were stuck in with double sided tape for 15 years. What happens if you want to take them out?

No downer at all.  I've thought about all the options available, and came to the conclusion that I wont need access to those parts that I've Sikaflexed, and where I do, I would use alternative.  The tunnel top is velcro'd on, and the gearbox filler hole in the passenger footwell is left unglued, with the carpet cut (invisible), so it can still be used.

Very tidy Q, well done.

I am looking at your aero and being a tall bod like me, I wonder if you can give me some feedback on how it works at the height you have set it?

It looks like the centre of the aero is sat on top of the scuttle. I was planning on this area being around 30mm up from the scuttle, so interested how you find the airflow

Very tidy Q, well done.

I am looking at your aero and being a tall bod like me, I wonder if you can give me some feedback on how it works at the height you have set it?

It looks like the centre of the aero is sat on top of the scuttle. I was planning on this area being around 30mm up from the scuttle, so interested how you find the airflow

There was no thought given to the Aeroscreen's height when I fitted it.  I wanted to re-use the existing holes left by the windscreen, or at the very least cover them up as much as possible.  In practice it means that my face takes most of the air flow still, and when faced with a shower in the past, I got royally wet.  If I could somehow cover all the holes currently, I would certainly spend some time getting the angle better...

I saw in your thread that you've fixed the front, but not the sides yet.  I would keep it like that and go for a drive with a passenger who can support the Aeroscreen and let him adjust the angle (for as much as it can be done sensibly).  Unless you have a degree in maths and a wind tunnel available? ;)

Thanks

No degree in maths, but I do have a selection of blocks of wood!

• Like 1