log books

pete g

Why not look for an event nearby that you don't intend to enter and arrange to take the car to it for a scrutineer to do it there and then? That's what I intend to do by visiting a Curborough event that I'm not competing in

We arranged to have the car logbooked at the first event we competed in. There were one or two things he wanted sorting before logbooking but we were still allowed to compete. We caught up with him at the following event we did and it was all sorted.

Pete,

Interestingly as it's an ex Racecar they are allowed to run at the occasional events without a log book. I ran the factory Westfield at Loton this basis a few years ago.

But you will need one as it just saves so much hassle. Phone the scruts rather than email, generally gets a better result.

Pete,

I pre-arranged with a scrut at Castle Combe and did it during a race day before my first event.

Is this for your Westfield or your FF?

Blue Book says on Page 136 ....

(j) Vehicle Log Books must be issued. This can be done at scrutineering, but competitors must be warned to bring the appropriate photographs. 

• Like 1

Pete,

I pre-arranged with a scrut at Castle Combe and did it during a race day before my first event.

Is this for your Westfield or your FF?

Blue Book says on Page 136 ....

(j) Vehicle Log Books must be issued. This can be done at scrutineering, but competitors must be warned to bring the appropriate photographs. 

Can someone please advise what suitable photograps are? size and projection please. Thanks

Hi John

It's in the Blue Book...

Racing Cars are side on and Road Going are 3/4 from the front.  I will see what size I provided but I think normal holiday-snap size.

Blue Book page 144...

2.1.2. To obtain a Log Book/Vehicle Passport, a registration document (where appropriate) of the vehicle, or vehicle identity number is required. A recent good quality colour print photograph (not Polaroid) showing the car static, unoccupied and in tyre contact with the ground must be affixed to the CCLB/VP. Single seat racing cars must be shown side elevation, whilst other categories must show a side front three quarter view to show the side profile and front of the vehicle with the number plate legible. 

• Like 1

I have received a reply from a local one and hopefully he can come to me or I will take to him.

photo can it be printed off the computer

Hi John

It's in the Blue Book...

Racing Cars are side on and Road Going are 3/4 from the front.  I will see what size I provided but I think normal holiday-snap size.

Blue Book page 144...

2.1.2. To obtain a Log Book/Vehicle Passport, a registration document (where appropriate) of the vehicle, or vehicle identity number is required. A recent good quality colour print photograph (not Polaroid) showing the car static, unoccupied and in tyre contact with the ground must be affixed to the CCLB/VP. Single seat racing cars must be shown side elevation, whilst other categories must show a side front three quarter view to show the side profile and front of the vehicle with the number plate legible. 

Thank you sir. Stupidly I chucked my blue book by mistake thinking it was last years

Thank you sir. Stupidly I chucked my blue book by mistake thinking it was last years

Download 2016 blue book from the MSA website - it's free  :)

The photos on my log books are both 15cm x 10cm.

so both side photos  for single seater

so both side photos  for single seater

Just one photo from memory but I took several (and would have been at least one from each side) and scrut took what he needed. 

any size requirement just printed some 6x4

had my visit today . hopefully get my log book in the post within the next couple of weeks

• Like 3