Ford ST… Fiesta or Focus…

John K

To be fair John, as much as I think you should have bought a Diesel, i've nt tried the new Fiestas but back in my yoof I had a MY2000 Fiesta Zetec S (rest in pieces) that was an absolute hoot to drive even with only 100 bhp or so and taught be all about lift off o/s. Proper wheel at each corner fun. 

Interior was rubbish though. 

• Like 1

To be fair John, as much as I think you should have bought a Diesel, i've nt tried the new Fiestas but back in my yoof I had a MY2000 Fiesta Zetec S (rest in pieces) that was an absolute hoot to drive even with only 100 bhp or so and taught be all about lift off o/s. Proper wheel at each corner fun. 

Couldn't agree more. Interior is really Fischer Price, but I dont care. I just want to drive the wheels off the b*******.

If you sped most of your life stuck in traffic, having a nice interior and gadgets to play with does help (we are talking Audi here). But if you are only in it when you are up for fun. Who cares.

And lift of o/s, got to love it and this little thing delivers by the bucket.

It does dangler a wheel as well..!

Am I being gotten rid of? Have you all had enough..? Am I now a traitor because I will have a roof ???

Do I...

:getmecoat:

IMHO nice interiors aren't free, just adds to the cost of a car. Phrases such as 'a nice place to be' hardly apply if you are having a hoot at 8 or 9 tenths lol....

Horses for courses - lots of miles to do and nice interior is probably more important than performance...

My eldest has an ST2 Fiesta and it's very capable.

Mart.

• Like 1

... Phrases such as 'a nice place to be' hardly apply if you are having a hoot at 8 or 9 tenths lol....

Very true, if you are on two wheels and your door handles are brushing the hedges, its probably not a good time to be admiring the finger trace recognition capabilities of the MMI system :)

• Like 1

A derv motor Russ, wash your mouth out and recite the Lords Prayer 100 times.    John wants a Fun car not a workhorse.

• Like 1

Argh.... Got to wait to Monday...  :down:

Wasn't any of my doing, promise. :(

Wasn't any of my doing, promise. :(

Not sure... the sales guy did say something about having to retro fit a diesel engine....

Apparently the request appeared on the computer last night, came from a Secret Volcano Lair or something...

A derv motor Russ, wash your mouth out and recite the Lords Prayer 100 times.    John wants a Fun car not a workhorse.

Diesels can be sporty! ;)

No driven an ST, but out of the hire-boxes I got for going to the airport with work the Fiesta (1l ecoboost?) was one of the more fun to drive. Really wanted a Zuc Swift as delhi (where I was flying to-from) was full of them, but compared to the Renault offering (one of the worst) but even an a-class certainly a nice car.

Daniel