I'm not new here, but back for the third time

Thrustyjust

Assuming you're planning on using the WF supplied Omex ecu and original Honda fuel injection:

From the donor S2000 you need engine and gearbox, ( :) ), engine wiring harness - some of the connectors are re-used by Omex on the new WF supplied wiring loom. You need the gear lever and the reverse light sensor. You also need the two cast alloy engine mounts, though you don't need the rubber mounting bushes that go with them. You also need the folded steel gearbox mount.

The engine needs to be "complete" ie with all ancillaries - alternator, water pump, belt tensioner, inlet manifold and throttle body with its attendant plumbing. Injectors, fuel rail and regulator. Some, though not all the brackets and cable mounts on the engine are re-used, or just handy for supporting the new wiring etc.

You don't need the Honda exhaust manifold or the Honda ecu.

If you plan on going for the Omex throttle bodies too, then you need most of the above, with the exception of the inlet manifold and Honda throttle body. This has the BIG advantage of letting you use 2006 or newer engines with the Honda drive-by-wire throttle body, as it will be replaced by the Omex system.

Cheers Dave. I am looking at an early car with wire throttle not DBW. I will be using the Westfield OMEX kit . After chatting with Simon, he put my mind at rest about engine supply , although I will keep nosing until I do need it. I have funds now to buy an engine , but would rather I sold my car first to free up more. I can then get rolling the project. Depending on monies , I may decide whether or not change the flywheel straight off or just go for IVA and pull it out another day. I'd like the throttle bodies one day, and cams .....

• Like 1

Not much progress towards sorting the kit, other than chatting to my neighbour who part times in a garage and has a hydraulic press and big torque wrench for driveshafts. Today the current wife has taken the private plate from the focus and immediately is transferred with the new DVLA on line system, so frantic plate changing, unsticking and trying to get the sticky off the plates !! in the damn cold has been done today. Not heard from my MD's son, so being a long stander on Pistonheads entitles me to free car sales, so am going to stick the focus on there. As soon as that's done, I will call Simon to make an appointment. In other news Simon has asked for a list for the car, so he can pre- build it on paper before the visit. Must visit Westmetal as well to get my engine stand back.

Seems I have sold my car, as a deposit is on its way, so although sad to see my 300 bhp focus go to a new home, it means I then have the deposit for the Westfield........ Hurrah !!! So, I need to sort my wish list for the factory visit then and may have to see Mr Bank Manager.......

I have saved on my ebay list, an air riveter and various S2000 engines and boxes although they seem a bit like hens teeth. Lets get the full funds in the bank and then Ican work out when I need to visit Dudley........