MEET THE NEIGHBOURS AND YORKSHIRE AO'S DAY. SUNDAY APRIL 17TH

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Just travelled to Brid for breakfast. There is a chill in the air but the sun is shining and the sky is blue.

It's so lovely to be out.

Just got home from a good day out, sun shining and blue skies. Car put away now to see if my videos are any good.

Thanks Geoff, but I thought you were paying for us all.

Yup, am home safe and sound, car made it with no real issues. Hope the guys got back home to newcassle ok. We've all had at some point a weld fail, especially exhaust welds. I had a gear lever snap off once in my hand going onto A1.. Hmmm it happens. Rule of thumb.. Take repair kit, wire, gaffer tape, strip of metal about inch wide 6 inches long that can act as a splint in conjunction with items 1 and 2.

Bean tins make good sleeves over snapped exhausts.

But thanks for the effort geoff, told ya you'd get a turn out with the sunshine.

Hi Chaps.

Just got home as went to Scarborough for a coffee.

Will do a thank you tomorrow as just going to load up the car to drive to Hereford.

Thanks for a great day everyone.

Just got back and I think Peter made it back too. We had to stop at a garage for more tie wrap and jubilee clip bodges, but seemed to be enough!

Thanks for the organisation Geoff, great to meet up And put a few faces to names too!

ETA Peter did get back OK and as he is a welder by trade will have it sorted in a few days.

Yea, see what you mean about the water effect.. Weird. Looks a bit choppy like the framerate is wrong. Is it adjustable for PAL / NTSC? Maybe thats set to NTSC, should be PAL.

Id take it off the screen and just put it down by itself, does it still do it? Take it well away from car and anything electric.

"Another Grand Day Out Gromit."

Thanks Geoffrey.

​Robin  -  please send me details of meeting place and time to tag along with Chris and his gang on the way down to Stoneleigh on the Saturday 

Thanks, Roger   :lg-westy:

Thanks Roger.

I will be doing a write up tonight and adding a few pictures.

Well what a great day we had.

Sunshine was the order of the day, great cars, great place, great food....and FAB WESTFIELD MEMBERS, what a smashing day.

Met with Roger and Judy at Driffield after a spot of breakfast at Bridlington. We left home at 7.30am and it was a beautiful morning but just had that nice cold bite in the air.

From Driffield it was over to Stamford Bridge to meet Robin and he was patiently waiting for us.

Over to Castle Howard we went and we had our own moment from the Italian Job film which was great fun.....you will see this later.

We continued over towards Rosedale and dropped down Rosedale Chimney and parked at the pub.

Anyway myself Robin and Roger unpacked the cars and then noticed Carol and Judy had disappeared. We thought they had gone down into the village so we set off to find them. After going down the steep hill we could not find them so back up the steep hill we went......We eventually found them in the closed pub. The landlady said they could come in to wait and that was it.....Bloomin Women comes to mind.

Terry soon joined us and his car cockpit is more like a fighter jet than a car.

Chris and his gang were with us soon after but were running a bit late due to car trouble, but it was good they all managed to get to us.

Its amazing how all the cars are so different and it was good to see them all together.

We made our way into the pub and the table I had booked was all laid out for us and it was a really nice place to sit.

The food was all out at once and it was all really tasty and was hot. The in really did a smashing job of looking after us.

Anyway here are a few pictures but there will be more up later after I have made a bit of a film and saving some of the days going's on for the magazine.

Thanks everyone for coming and it was great to meet you all......All your cars look great.

IMG_8308_zps8xjw7iid.jpg

IMG_8310_zpssfxvothi.jpg

IMG_8317_zpsac8c4uzt.jpg

IMG_8320_zps9rrptr5o.jpg

IMG_8326_zpsjhqu5m1h.jpg

IMG_8328_zps1w91xmhq.jpg

IMG_8341_zpsuzjvplvt.jpg

IMG_8355_zpslfkazr7m.jpg

IMG_8380_zpspo0dussa.jpg

IMG_8384_zpshevy12yx.jpg

• Like 3