Unblocking dishwasher waste pipe

Pistol Pete

Hi Pete, there are many better products to use than Mr Muscle. Not always as easy to find.

if you have a Wickes they do a good one but for the best you need one that is fat digesting enzymes, Takes a bit longer but they do work very well. The link below is the type I am suggesting.

The other thing is sometimes, if you get a pressure washer and blast from the outlet end it can unblock. Karcher do a hose for this but it can get messy if it works too well and showers your kitchen with crap.

Using the enzyme regularly will help keep it clear.

http://www.aptcommercialchemicals.co.uk/enzyme-drain-cleaneing-products-grease-trap-cleaners-fat-digester

• Like 1

I got some drain blocker stuff from b and q in a big tub to unblock the main drains my sink/dish washer/washing machine put into. Just poured it in neat and it worked really well

Just please bear in mind, if you put anything significant down the pipe and it doesn't work, some poor sod will have caustic stuff to deal with when you call them in to fix it....

If it's that long there may be a join in it. Could be where the blockage is or replace the part after the join, assuming it's accessible. I had a built in one and the pipe ran under the Units to the sink, so I could get at I by removing the plinth under the units.