latest snake oil

dombanks

Diesels run at full throttle and modulate the fuel supply to manage power. Plenty of oxygen to hand. Petrol engines, though...

Realistically Stephen the argument about cards is pointless. How many cars on the road still use carbs. I can't think of a mainstream car since the 90's that had carbs.

Given the amount of air an engine consumes, how does that produce enough hydrogen to have a noticeable effect?

Realistically Stephen the argument about cards is pointless. How many cars on the road still use carbs. I can't think of a mainstream car since the 90's that had carbs.

Plenty of cars on the road still running carbs, though. More than  a few of the members of this club run them, and my new XI will be running on a 45 DCOE!

Look past the end if your garage to you daily drive. This product doesn't care about the tiny fraction of carb cars in enthusiast hands which inevitably is getting smaller. it's aimed at tapping into Mr mundane shlepping the kids to school in a vauxhaul etc trying to save a few quid. Even if it has a grain of truth to it, which I doubt until peer reviewed documentation is available, this sort of tech needs the current generation of engines to make sense.

Personally I think stuff like this has some legs but not at 600 quid. Hydrogen has a calorific value far in excess of petrol so I can see adding just a tiny fraction may improve combustion

If anyone could be bothered to work out how much energy it takes for the electrolysis of what can't be more than a litre of brine per 5000 miles versus the energy available from burning the H2 contained therein, I think it would be interesting. I noticed that calculation isn't shown on the website :)

As usual, we have to ask why the car manufacturers don't use it if it's so effective. I agree, now't for now't...

As usual, we have to ask why the car manufacturers don't use it if it's so effective. I agree, now't for now't...

cynic in me says its another corporate cover up by the oil companies and manufacturers designed to milk us for all we can get.

realist in me says its a load of cobblers