Nurburgring

Stu Faulkner

As in the title,

I'm planning on going later this year and traveling in the Wessie.

Any ideas/what to do/what not to do?

I used to make 2 or 3 trips a year. Am heading over in April for first time in ages

Stay here http://michaelanring.wix.com/fuchsroehre michaela is a legend and will sort you out with everything you need (Brake pads for a s2000 on a Sunday, no problem!)

Do have fun but be prepared it's not like it is on the games...

ETA that read badly, I mean there are a lot of gradients and bumps so go easy, even if you think you know the track.

Been there 5 times brilliant place stayed at adenau every time the museum is worth a look,just check the dates the track is open because it is used a lot for corporate days,and don't crash or you get spanked big time for track damage,recovery,lost revenue,600 miles each way from where you are

Try and time your trip to coincide with a VLN race. We did so for my 30th birthday trip and the VLN race was fantastic to watch. We got VIP tickets to get access behind the scenes and it was great (and only something like 20 euros each).

Dave

Personally I would go with circuit days or destination nurburgring as a proper trackday.

Public days are often just too crowded and the liability just too great to risk as a Brit with no 3rd party liability cover.

Personally I would go with circuit days or destination nurburgring as a proper trackday.

Public days are often just too crowded and the liability just too great to risk as a Brit with no 3rd party liability cover.

That's why I hired one of the swifts to venture out on track. Potential liabilities from track too scary for me to risk!

Dave

Yes ... the hire cars ... whilst normally with a high excess .. do at least cap your potential exposure.

Personally I prefer Spa to the ring as a driving venue.

Another option is to go to the ring and go out in one of the ring taxis if you just want to see what it is like and much better when driven by someone that really knows what they are doing.

I've thought about it stu  and as other had mentioned above the cost if you damaged or closed the track are a tad expensive

a very good friend of mine went last year it cost him a abit of £££ when he got abit of oil on the track 

• Like 1

When I first did the Ring on a bike I think it was about 8 or 12 euros per lap. Last time I did it it was about 25 and one lap is never enough, so it can be an expensive day out even if you don't do any damage. Nowadays I go and stay in Cochem and seldom bother with the Ring, just enjoy the area. The drive in from Monschau on the 258 is worth it on its own.

I do fancy taking the Westie over there , not to do the Ring, just for a trip but I need to sort my wet weather gear out. Doors slip from the roof channel , pull press studs off, stuff ends up flapping about. Has anyone tried stitching some Velcro in to help everything stay in place ? Would it work ?

I have been three times now. Stayed for a week on two occasions, and for long weekend the other. I found the weekday evening sessions were much quieter than the weekends. Last summers visit was the busiest of them all with the track closing repeatedly on both the Saturday and Sunday. I had bought 25 laps working out about 20 euros per lap and was worried I would not use them all. It  doesn't help having to go and refill after every 4 laps!

All being well I will be back this August/September.

Very nice scenic area + great food and beer :) 

Hey Stu, shoot me a PM when you know that you will come over. I'll try to be there also, the Nürburgring is just around 160km away from me.  :yes: 

Edit: Oh and don't eat the sausage at the Imbiss at Hohe 8 ;)

Hey Stu, shoot me a PM when you know that you will come over. I'll try to be there also, the Nürburgring is just around 160km away from me.  :yes: [/size]

Edit: Oh and don't eat the sausage at the Imbiss at Hohe 8 ;)[/size]

The plan is to go in August.

I'll let you know closer to the time. Have you been round before?

Just watching, was there with my Triumph. The Westfield was not there yet, but I plan to go to the GP track as it has more space off track if you loose it.