2.0 Vauxhall SEiW, one builder/owner. NOW SOLD

blink

Very sound, high-spec, well-constructed, lightly used (4,000 miles) wide-bodied car. Built by present owner (with long experience building and maintaining race and performance cars) from 1991 kit and first registered 1995. Used only occasionally on road and sprinted in Class 2B. Stored – carefully - and  SORNed since 2009. All very good but body crazed/chipped in places, although sound.

Very sadly, now must go – and soon! Cheaply!

Well sorted, powerful (220bhp+) car that's quick and handles nicely on track and is road-use friendly and reliable. All fully checked and tested early 2016, immediately usable and would make nice road/track day car, or potential to develop further for speed /race events.

Note this is early SEiW with lightweight rear end with 'English' diff in Westfield casing and tubular driveshafts.

Full history, MoTs, receipts.

In Preston, Lancs. May be able to deliver (have trailer) for cost of fuel.

BRIEF SPECS

Engine: Vauxhall 2-litre red top, MBE ignition, QED wide torque cams, modified head, Omega pistons, strengthened bottom end, stainless SBD exhaust manifold, 48 Dellortos, and Kevlar clutch.

Gearbox: Four speed Ford with TranX straight cut, close ratio gears, strengthened case, quick-shift change.

Diff: 4.4 nickel-chrome steel crownwheel and pinion, with Quaife LSD.

Suspension: Front - lighweight alloy hubs, Wilwood alloy four-pot calipers, Procomp alloy adjustable dampers. Quick rack steering. Rear - poly bushes, Procomp alloy adjustable dampers.

Wheels, Compomotive CXR 15inch, 7inch rims, tyres 195 - 205/50 (little wear).

Other: Procomp stiffened front chassis, bonded undertray. Four-point harnesses, extinguisher, RAC roll hoop, Westfield bucket seats, boot box.

Spares/extras include, spare wheel and carrier, tonneau, hood, sidescreens, unused swept wings, unused carpet set,  unused drive shaft, and various bits.

Price: £6,400 (but negiotiable for good home and hassle-free, quick sale)

PLEASE SEE THE PICTURES IN A POST BELOW BY GEOFFREY (BUTTERCUP).And thanks to him for doing this - beyond my web abilities!

• Like 1

I think Kingster was looking for a car at this price the other day.

He has a post up about it in the wanted section.

Email me the pictures to the email address in my signature and I will post them up for you tonight

Yep, looking for one for a local guy.

He's on holiday at the minute, but will email him the info.

I suspect this one is maybe a little less 'road going' than what he's after (and the straight cut box wouldn't suit him), but it's within his budget. I have a way around the straight cut box though as my spare 5 speed is available.

The spec sounds pretty good though, so will be sure to explain to him what it all means!

Great spec and great looking car at a real bargain price imo

Good luck with the sale

Nice spec car, is this a narrow or wide body !!!!!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.