Peak District - The Hidden Roads Sun 28th February

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at 10.30am, The Wheatsheaf, Baslow, DE45 1SR. We park at the top of the car park and sit next to the real fire, to the left as you go through the main entrance. Breakfasts are recommended. I have new roads to show you and the good news is that we can still do Monsal Head and it's viaduct at the end. Cake, er, I mean lunch will be at Calver crossroads cafe which is the halfway point, this gives you the option of meeting us there if you can only come later or finishing there if you need to leave early.

Everyone is welcome, who is coming?

New date - now changed to 28th February due to the weather

So Julie, enough procrastination, it's decision time, what is your verdict on the weather for the weekend?

Wet Wet Wet so No No No

Glen's lovely little weather forecaster, Keely Donovan, has just let us down and forecast rain for both days. I suggest we push it on a week, But But But we may be at Race Retro, Stoneleigh, next Saturday, So So So it will have to be Sunday.

How are you fixed for Sunday week i.e 28th, if it is dry?

I thought there may be a window in the weather tomorrow morning but it is certainly a gamble. Next week is fine but we might go to race retro too  :d

Are you going to Race Retro Saturday (no kids)? Do you want to meet up?

Yes, I thought we could. PM or text me time and are we meeting before or at Stoneleigh? 

PM sent, tickets bought, excitement building.

Still spannering. :rolleyes: ..so I'll miss this weekend

Engine:  Just the sump to swap from old engine to the new one

Gearbox: Both spares stripped,  new bearings fitted...hopefully finishing the rebuild this weekend.

Then I start taking the throttle bodies and other bits off the engine ready for pulling the old engine out.

2-3 weeks I should be done. 

As there seems to be a growing theme about about GrAMMer, spulling.    :p

Can I have marks from the AO please.

• Like 1

Marks from the OCLO AO - stick to spannering and stop worrying about whether to put a question mark at the end of a sentence with a question in it, that was deliberate, Trevor, please tell me that was deliberate  :)

The edit button is at the bottom of your post.

Sorry Julie still fetling with some fuel filtering issues which should be solved sooner than later ;)

Got carried away with cleaning & painting some rusty spots while I was at it!

Enjoy :)

Marks from the OCLO AO - stick to spannering and stop worrying about whether to put a question mark at the end of a sentence with a question in it, that was deliberate, Trevor, please tell me that was deliberate  :)

The edit button is at the bottom of your post.

not tellin' 'bout t' question mark  :p

Sorry you are not coming Ben, I was very much looking forward to seeing your new car. Don't forget it is for driving, not polishing :) , if you change your mind this is a good trip to try your car out as the type of roads will determine a slower speed, useful if you are new to your car. Oh, and Martyn 'the brain' will be in attendance if you need any more help with the fuel pump/filter issue. Hope to see you soon, maybe when it is a tad warmer too, maximum 5 degrees forecast for Sunday.

Trevor? Tut? Tut? :p

• Like 1