early morning westy drive any tips

Paul Gibney - Lancashire AO

Seriously though - if you think its going to be dangerous, I'd honestly just take the screen off and wear a helmet. 

When my car had the combination of no heater and a windscreen I only experienced freezing of the screen once. This was in a combination of below freezing temperatures and fog. Fortunately there was plenty of deicer in the washer fluid and I managed to drive out of the fog by a combination of washer jets and wipers before the washer fluid ran out. Scary though. The screen goes from transparent to opaque very quickly. Freezing fog is pretty rare, so you should be OK. This incident was one of the reasons that Mr Toad now has aeroscreens.

Drive safe. Jen

Oh yes, driving a heater less Westy is in the cold, put on one more layer than you think you'll need, then pack another spare layer. Effectively you are sitting still, outside for the duration of the journey, so your muscle movements aren't keeping you warm as they would be walking. You are going to look like Bibendum but that is better than being cold.

Jen

Make sure ther's anti freeze in the screenwash ,

if all else fails you can always sit on a book  ( prayer book would be good ) so as to see over the top of the screen  :)

Oh yes, driving a heater less Westy is in the cold, put on one more layer than you think you'll need, then pack another spare layer. Effectively you are sitting still, outside for the duration of the journey, so your muscle movements aren't keeping you warm as they would be walking. You are going to look like Bibendum but that is better than being cold.

Jen

I wonder how many people know who Bibendum is.

Thats a real name from the past.

I wonder how many people know who Bibendum is.

Thats a real name from the past.

Certainly is. Otherwise known as Michelin Man. I was on the mobile version of the boardroom when I posted, so couldn't do a clicky like I wanted.

Jen

Ahh Michelin man.....

Yes layers layers layers

Hat ski mask

2 sets of gloves

Long johns

The lengths we go to for upgrades !

Off in the morning will report back soon....

Oh and hated seat of course......

That's heated not hated.........